Post-Game Talk: Penguins 6, Islanders 2 - In Memory of He Who DegenX Says Shall Not Be Named

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Lindholm is one of the top 1Ds in the league. Petersson does not have that upside in the slightest.

I mean, first off no, Lindholm isn't one of the top 1Ds in the league. Second, I was more so talking about what Lindholm was in the past few years moreso than what Lindholm is now. I'm talking about say 2016 Lindholm as Pettersson's absolute best case scenario.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I’m very worried about Horny...whatever this is seems ominous...

I mean, the fact he was concussed not too long ago, then "mysteriously" doesn't return for the second period despite not taking any noticeable bump certainly doesn't leave much room for optimism.

Reactions: Andy99

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I mean, the fact he was concussed not too long ago, then "mysteriously" doesn't return for the second period despite not taking any noticeable bump certainly doesn't leave much room for optimism.
If it is his concussion, how the f*** does he get cleared in the first place?

Is Tom Wilson our head medical director?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I mean, first off no, Lindholm isn't one of the top 1Ds in the league. Second, I was more so talking about what Lindholm was in the past few years moreso than what Lindholm is now. I'm talking about say 2016 Lindholm as Pettersson's absolute best case scenario.

Lol, what? No way. Hampus isn't a good comparable at all.

Something about Pettersson just seems odd, his skating just looks so apprehensive and he likes to stay back a lot, I don't know if that's a comfort thing or not, but the guy's shot is hilariously bad, I spat my drink out when I saw him take a shot and you can tell he put something into that shot but it was weak as f***.

I don't know if I value him more than Riikola right now. Pettersson will get a lot of games though, JR has to prove that he got value back for he who @DegenX will not let us name, and I don't know if he's deserving of it.

Hampus is so underrated, he might not be a #1D in the traditional sense, but he's like Ekholm on the Preds, he does a little bit of everything, well. This year he's on close to a 50pt pace, he's putting a lot of it together offensively, defensively he's already rock solid.

He's more filled out, he's got more grit to his game, is a better skater, better shot, joins the rush better.

Even in Hampus' worst season, Marcus' ceiling wouldn't even be close to that.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Jakes gonna get paiiiid if he keeps it up. living well.

He's getting close to the pace that will have him hit 70pts, which is what I thought he would do last season before he went on some putrid sophomore slump. He had a mini one this season (while still getting assists).

But man, if he hits over 60pts, JR is going to have a really hard time signing him to that hopeful 5m/yr some people are deluded into thinking he'll sign.

JN0gHWH.gif

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
Great with a blowout win, badly needed.

Did they actually play good as a whole or just stars being very opportunistic?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
There's also the question of whether the net gain/loss from Phil on the 1st is worth forfeiting the potential loss to the 3rd.

The 3rd has been poorly configured dog **** this year though.

While you're not wrong there, that's been true with Phil there as well. As such I'm not sure keeping Phil away from there is much of a loss in actuality at the moment.

I almost think we're better keeping our gamebreakers away from the 3rd line and forcing the guys down there to figure it out.

froods

I blame Paul Martin and Jack Johnson
Aug 28, 2009
Fort Erie, ON
I like what I saw from Pettersson. Good mobility, seems to have a similar stick that Dumoulin has, and can make an outlet pass. It's just too bad he weighs as much as a 12 year old girl.
“He’s so fat you know. Like, do you see how much salad he eats at lunch? It’s sooooo gross”

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
Pretty well-played game top to bottom from the Penguins. It was odd to see Sheahan with Malkin. Are they really that opposed to playing Rust on LW? Is it Rust that doesn't want to? Is he just in the doghouse?

Reactions: BHD

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
So...... the Pens are tied with NYI at 3rd in the division.

This division was the best in hockey 2 years ago, now it is the worst. Hard to believe 2 teams with a losing record are currently in a playoff spot.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
... just chill man. Dumoulin wishes he was Lindholm.

I never said he was?

Hampus is so underrated, he might not be a #1D in the traditional sense, but he's like Ekholm on the Preds, he does a little bit of everything, well. This year he's on close to a 50pt pace, he's putting a lot of it together offensively, defensively he's already rock solid.

He's more filled out, he's got more grit to his game, is a better skater, better shot, joins the rush better.

Even in Hampus' worst season, Marcus' ceiling wouldn't even be close to that.

Based on......?

I mean, you keep crapping all over Pettersson at every chance you get because they traded Sprong for him, so I'm not sure I should take your opinion on him seriously. In the past, Lindholm was only a ~30 point #2 defenseman that was excellent defensively. I don't see what the problem is to say he used to be a #2, and Pettersson could potentially hit that level if he both bulks up and improves his offensive game. I never said it's likely, it's extraordinarily unlikely that he's able to do both of those, but it's not impossible.

His realistic upside is a #3 DFD that's very similar to Dumoulin, but it's not impossible for him to end up better. It's just super unlikely.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
While you're not wrong there, that's been true with Phil there as well. As such I'm not sure keeping Phil away from there is much of a loss in actuality at the moment.

I almost think we're better keeping our gamebreakers away from the 3rd line and forcing the guys down there to figure it out.

If they insist on keeping ZAR there, then yeah absolutely.

If they get their head out of their ass and use Rust on LW in the only role where he's useful, then I'd go that route.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Pretty well-played game top to bottom from the Penguins. It was odd to see Sheahan with Malkin. Are they really that opposed to playing Rust on LW? Is it Rust that doesn't want to? Is he just in the doghouse?
the game was Ok, but the concern is that Sully even at 5:2 does not trust almost half of his roster to play....adding that Geno's line was more than meh all night long, kind of sheds a little bit different light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad