Post-Game Talk: Penguins 5, Senators 3 - Jugs and Canns . . . and Puppies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I think there is a very real possibility that JR seeks an upgrade on Maatta. I'm not sure what kind of upgrade is out there though. I have heard Winnipeg was listening to offers for Trouba, but that is a move that would kill us assets wise and we would have to get real creative with the cap next season.

Going by reports, they could be looking to trade him. However, I don't think they need to if he plays well with Schultz. Agree on Johnson though. They should move him.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Going by reports, they could be looking to trade him. However, I don't think they need to if he plays well with Schultz. Agree on Johnson though. They should move him.

I feel like - and I could be wrong - but most of the time we hear about Rutherford looking to trade a player who's still seeing significant usage, nothing much happens.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The reports that Maatta may be traded are BS too, just a FYI on that. Friedman never said that the Penguins were looking to move Maatta, it was just a random twitter account that claimed it.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
The reports that Maatta may be traded are BS too, just a FYI on that. Friedman never said that the Penguins were looking to move Maatta, it was just a random twitter account that claimed it.

JR did try to trade him earlier this season though (to get Montour). I think it was Lebrun who mentioned it.

Reactions: BHD

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Friedman was on the 31 thoughts podcast saying he believes the Penguins have tested the market on Maatta and they would move him.

That's weird because it wasn't in his 31 thoughts column, which I thought had the same stuff as his podcast. This is the only mention I've seen of it, which made me think it was false:

Reactions: BHD

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
I think the plan is to give Maatta-Schultz a couple of games and re-evaluate closer to the deadline. If they look good then great, but Im not holding my breath.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I think I very easily could see this staff scratching Johnson in a playoff series if he plays like he did last night.
DlODsll.gif

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I think we could very easily make a deal for Maatta before the deadline. I think there is a strong possibility we do actually...this team hasn't hit it's stride yet and it's still near the top in the East. I think any chance that JR can take to give this team a real leg up, no matter the cost or risk, he's going to do that.

Depending on how this lineup works out, I could very well see McCann used to flip for a top 4 defenseman. I look at a team like Winnipeg who is seeking a center and a LD. McCann and Maatta would be a pretty solid starting point. Just spitballing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad