Post-Game Talk: Penguins 5, Red Wings 3: It's About the Win, Not the Style Points

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Not many complaints about tonight, at least from players who haven't been playing like crap for a while. I thought Murray was solid, you'd love to have the 3rd goal back but the 1st and 2nd were not on him at all.

Galchenyuk was a dud, I thought Schultz did nothing positive and ZAR and Simon looked like nothing pieces, but what else is new?

Reactions: ncm7772 and Hamurai

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Over 10 years now and still no handshake coming Detroit!

source.gif

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
I realize that I was watching distracted, but ugh, this felt more like the old lazy, unlikeable, entitled Pens that Torts used to roast us about than what we've seen most of the time this season.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Not many complaints about tonight, at least from players who haven't been playing like crap for a while. I thought Murray was solid, you'd love to have the 3rd goal back but the 1st and 2nd were not on him at all.

There were two players between the shooter and Murray and he still got a piece of it. None of the goals were bad.

It was an ugly one tonight for sure, not a lot of clean plays considering the Red Wings weren't doing a lot to stop us. Marino was probably the only one that had a great night defensively. Jake and Malkin won us this one.

Reactions: Burn and Peat

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Hard for me to give them crap when they go 4 pts on a back to back. Murray turned a redemption into another borderline loss though.

Eh, I’ll take it man. He was good until that 3rd goal. Not good enough - BUT, with how bad he’s been, tonight was better. As I said earlier, it’s a start.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I dunno maybe because he's given up less than 3 goals three times since November started?

If you aren't capable of evaluating a goalie beyond looking at their stats, you probably shouldn't comment on goalies tbh.

He had no chance on 2 of the 3 goals against. Really hard to legitimately criticize him in a game that they won and he gave up only 1 goal he had a reasonable chance at stopping.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->