Prospect Info: Penguins #5 Prospect

Who's our #5 Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
This board ranked MM our best prospect in 2015. He became a legit high end prospect around age 19-20. I don't remember Guentzel ever having much hype though.

I am talking their rankings against all teams prospects. I really don’t remember either being in the top 50 in the league and definitely not to 25. They both turned out better than almost anyone on those lists. 40 goal scorer and a two time Cup winning goalie. Like I said I could see anyone in our top 10 prospects turning out better than the rest and reaching much higher levels than we think they can. Some will stagnate, others will improve some, and if we are lucky we might get a big jump from some.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Add Phillips. I know his stock is low right now because of the botched development by UofM,

But while the Pens aren't necessarily great at finding high skill/game-breaking level talents in later rounds in the draft, they are absolutely excellent about getting the best out of the prospects they do have. Phillips was one of the youngest players in his draft, making the cut by only 6 days, and was also one of the very top performing athletes at the NHL combine. My hope would be that he goes to the WHL this coming year, but either way, he's got the tools to be a really great prospect. If he and the Pens can keep a high level of focus and commitment to his development for this next season, I would still have high hopes for this player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad