• Adam Johnson (F)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sam Miletic (F)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Easily Hallander who could end up being the steal of this draft or one of em.
Lots of room to grow too cuz he was 17 when drafted.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Yeah the next prospect is a real toss-up because no one really stands out as having potential to be more than a bottom pairing or fourth line player especially among the older players like Blueger. I’m not sure Angello is anything more. There’s only two players that could be more...1) Adam Johnson because of his speed but he’s 24 and maybe will never be strong enough to transition and 2) Almeida who has more offensive skill than any other forward left on this list....Rikola is an unknown on a NHL rink...

May have to go with Almeida
Agreed. At this point I just find myself going with guys who may have lower ceilings but have a higher probability of success.

I think this is a big year for both Almeida and Johnson. Their talent is great, but their probability of success is a much bigger question mark, IMO. Almeida's only good season came in an overage year and on an offensively stacked team. If he can duplicate that effort next season, then I'll start getting excited.

I really like Johnson. He's fast, well rounded, has good vision, and gets talked up for a good IQ and versatility. The tools are all there. It's just a matter of if he can get stronger and can put it all together in the pros. I expect a big year from him.

Reactions: Andy99

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Yup. I really like what I've heard about Bjorkqvist too. I hope he doesn't go UFA. We have some really solid bottom 6ers in the pipeline.

I like that the scouting staff is emphasizing traits like tenacity, leadership, IQ

also shown improvement each year. And another player who makes his living in front of the net. Starting to have alot of those on our team/system.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
also shown improvement each year. And another player who makes his living in front of the net. Starting to have alot of those on our team/system.
And Horny can teach them some tricks. I hope all of these guys make the team before Lundqvist retires. His meltdown will be glorious.

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Easily Hallander who could end up being the steal of this draft or one of em.
Lots of room to grow too cuz he was 17 when drafted.

And he may have room to grow more physically as well. Some prospect info/rankings had him listed at 5'11 (probably an earlier stat from the beginning of last season/last summer), and other rankings have shown him at 6'1 or 6'2. So it appears he has HAD a growth spurt over the last year, and maybe he's not quite done. Either way, he's a very intriguing player and it would be good to have a couple of bigger players in our system (like him and Angello) to go along with the smaller skilled players we have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad