Post-Game Talk: Penguins 5, Flyers 2 - Sid Goes Old School on the Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Yeah, I'm not saying Brass and Phil can't or won't be great together. I think Brass right now is struggling more or less to play the Pens higher octane offensive game. Horny as well has some some issues getting back up to speed since his injury. Playing with each other might help both....Brass is probably more used to playing with someone like Horny than like Phil

I actually think Rust could be someone who would play well next to Brass-Phil but if he's not available , it might make sense to move Horny down....

Wish we could get an update on Rust already....

Rust would transform the Phil/Brass line.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
For me, with how they've been sucking, trying to get on track in their own zone, thats the correct callup, imo.

Thinking Rust will be out a few weeks but hoping Simon can still go just to potentially keep Rowney out of the lineup.

Main focus for me in regards to a potential first round matchup is the decision Hakstol made last night to play Filppula against Crosby. He might be the first coach I've ever seen that said, "Hell, just let 87 run wild tonight." Filppula is one of the worst defensive centers in the league.

Curious what you think about Brassard being used as a defensive C.
Think it's something he'll be good at when he gets used to it?
Could he use some help on his wings in that regard to help him get good at it?
Or maybe you believe he's good at it already?
Just curious about your thoughts there.

This may be sacrilegious but if Rust is out, I'd like to see Horny playing with Brassard and Kessel moved up with Geno. I think he's the type of the player who Brassard could play with and might be a better fit than Phil...that's still three solid offensive lines and it also might allow us to play someone who doesn't have jam, like Sheary, on LW there without worry...

Kids
HGK
X-Brass-Horny

This is something i've thought about as well.
Always adding a "sorry KIRK" to my posts. heh.

Bottom line is Brass with Phil hasn't looked all that great and maybe it gets really awesome but without a nice puck hunter/guy that can get in and jam up D and get pucks to Brass or Phil, this sorta setup may give you the potentially more potent top 9.

Certainly something i'd try.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
We seem to have moved on from last night's game, so let's take the discussion to the all purpose thread. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad