Post-Game Talk: Penguins 5, Devils 2: Geno Prevents ColePens from Losing His ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
As you mentioned, he often said that his game doesnt need changing, and that he is playing fine. He said this even after having beyond horrendous playoffs last year. He will never change as he is a stubborn ass primadonna, only worried about looking like a male model and not actual defenseman. He doesnt hold himself accountable for his actions and mistakes. I dont remember a single time that he said, yeah I had horrible game/playoffs/season, I made bad decisions out there, I need to be smarter. For all the people piling on Geno, at least he has balls to say yeah I f***ed up and I cant do that, it is on me to be better.

I doubt his good looks have anything to do with how he plays - that’s just a weird comment.

I won’t argue he has a huge ego, but all great players do. It’s part of what makes them elite.

He has been accountable many times for his play, so going there is silly.

Not being accountable for his mistakes and believing the way he has played his whole life is now a bad thing, are entirely different things.

We all get older and most of us don’t want to face it... I know my 20 year old self would beat my ass and embarrass the hell out of me if I could play him in a game of 3 bar right now...

Letang just doesn’t want to admit he’s slowing down some... it’s not an easy thing to do.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
As you mentioned, he often said that his game doesnt need changing, and that he is playing fine. He said this even after having beyond horrendous playoffs last year. He will never change as he is a stubborn ass primadonna, only worried about looking like a male model and not actual defenseman. He doesnt hold himself accountable for his actions and mistakes. I dont remember a single time that he said, yeah I had horrible game/playoffs/season, I made bad decisions out there, I need to be smarter. For all the people piling on Geno, at least he has balls to say yeah I f***ed up and I cant do that, it is on me to be better.

Lot of bad hot takes...

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
It's weird, for how much Sullivan was a hardass when he came here, lately he seems like kind of scared to get up in player's faces about things. Maybe Letang has terrible breath?

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
I dunno, maybe he might do something like bench JJ in the playoffs.

ANd play who, Ruh (oh his offside) or Rikko (a player he despises)? Not gonna happen

Sully had a guy who won him 2 Cups in an injured Maata to replace JJ. He picked an ~80% Olli over 100% JJ

There are no other fail safes left for Sully to play over JJ. So I was slightly disappointed we didn't grab a depth D if Sully thinks Ruh/Rikko are absolute no go's

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
I really don't understand why we didn't trade Riikola if Sully's not going to play him at all.

Well you'd have to have another Dman coming back if you traded him. Because I'm not comfortable with just 7 NHL capable dman lasting another 3 months with this team.
8 seems to be the sweet spot

But yea I feel bad for Rikko who has done everything necessary in his time this season

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Sullivan I’ve heard is sick of it.
Source? If there is no source then this is hearsay and conjecture.
well-your-honor-5c982f.png

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Wonder what Sullivan’s feeling are on JJ who took an even worse penalty that actually led to a goal.

Letang took a dumb penalty when we were already down a man. How exactly was JJ's penalty for, wait for it, delay of game, worse?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Letang took a dumb penalty when we were already down a man. How exactly was JJ's penalty for, wait for it, delay of game, worse?

Because JJ literally had no reason to take that penalty and it suffocated the momentum Rodrigues’ goal gave us.

Also, let’s be honest. NHL let’s this shit fly and penalizes Letang. Moments before on our PP, Hornqvist gets a stick knocked out of his hands no call. People are over reactionary because it was Letang.

Reactions: Khelandros

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Source? If there is no source then this is hearsay and conjecture.
well-your-honor-5c982f.png

I’ve already explained this 100x.

My daughter is coached by people well connected to the Pens, ppl everyone here would know. I don’t have to guess if they are connected because of who they are and because they are almost always right.

They told me Sprong, Kessel and Maatta had one foot out the door months before it happened.

Shit blew up this summer so it’s not like it’s a big secret anymore what’s going on with Letang and Sullivan.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Because JJ literally had no reason to take that penalty

And Letang did? More importantly, it's not like JJ did it on purpose, unlike Letang. And yes, Letang might have gotten away with it, still very dumb to risk it when you are already on the PK and the guy whose stick you knock is in his own half, posing no scoring threat whatsoever.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
And Letang did? More importantly, it's not like JJ did it on purpose, unlike Letang. And yes, Letang might have gotten away with it, still very dumb to risk it when you are already on the PK and the guy whose stick you knock is in his own half, posing no scoring threat whatsoever.

No, but it isn’t a Letang only problem is my point.

Team in general has been mighty undisciplined lately and has given up a 5 on 3 in the last three games no?

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Letang has done so much for this team over the years and I understand very well about how difficult it would be to replace him. Much moreso than many seem to think.

That said dude really, really needs to figure it out. This seeming insistence that it's his way or no way at all just isn't gonna cut it at point in his career, especially.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I really don't understand why we didn't trade Riikola if Sully's not going to play him at all.

Yeah, it should have been clear to JR that Riikola has no spot on this roster unless we're literally missing 6 defenseman. The fact Sullivan played Trotman ON HIS WRONG SIDE at various times instead of Riikola should have been JR's cue to trade him for whatever pick they could re-coup.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Probably an insurance policy thing with how many blueliners have been injured.

Also probably because he has no value because he's a healthy scratch for like 40% of the games. :laugh:

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
I’ve already explained this 100x.

My daughter is coached by people well connected to the Pens, ppl everyone here would know. I don’t have to guess if they are connected because of who they are and because they are almost always right.

They told me Sprong, Kessel and Maatta had one foot out the door months before it happened.

Shit blew up this summer so it’s not like it’s a big secret anymore what’s going on with Letang and Sullivan.
Until there is a quote from Sullivan saying he's had enough of his shit, I'm not taking anything for fact that some guy that works in a Penguins office heard from another guy while standing around a water cooler. 2 people sitting in the same meeting can come out of said meeting with 2 different ideas about a topic they agreed on.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Until there is a quote from Sullivan saying he's had enough of his shit, I'm not taking anything for fact that some guy that works in a Penguins office heard from another guy while standing around a water cooler. 2 people sitting in the same meeting can come out of said meeting with 2 different ideas about a topic they agreed on.

You can believe whatever you want, why would I care?

However, let’s not act dense and pretend Sullivan will say what he’s really thinking.

He said he had no problems with Kessel right up until the day he was traded and I was told it’s all BS he’s gone and whadda ya know...

NHL coaching doesn’t work the way you seem to think, sorry.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Hasn't there been consistent smoke around Letang and Sullivan not exactly seeing eye-to-eye on what Letang needs to be working on for a while now?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
You can believe whatever you want, why would I care?

However, let’s not act dense and pretend Sullivan will say what he’s really thinking.

He said he had no problems with Kessel right up until the day he was traded and I was told it’s all BS he’s gone and whadda ya know...

NHL coaching doesn’t work the way you seem to think, sorry.

Until we see Letang’s usage change I can’t buy he is on the Kessel train. We saw him significantly limited in terms of 5v5 the last two years.

Reactions: Khelandros
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->