Post-Game Talk: Penguins 5, Bruins 3 - Zac EARNED-IT Reese and Casey DeSmith Steal the W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Schwarzenegger 52.6% 50 votes
Ford 36.8% 35 votes
Willis 20% 19 votes

Excellent top three 80s action heroes as voted by HFPens.

161 total votes.

There's going to be hell to pay for this treachery and betrayal. Revenge in the sequel will be sweet for Sigourney and the rest.

Let's hope that Sully chooses quality (Riikola) over righthandedness (Ruh) tonight.

Reactions: EightyOne

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Did anybody appreciate the Benny Hill performance by Maatta on Boston's 3rd goal (I believe) as much as I did?
I missed the replay. Did he just fall down at the blueline? Watching live, I thought a Bruin (Pastrnak?) knocked him over and the refs let it go.

There was a similar play later where the Bruins did trip or interfere with a Pen at the blue line, the refs let it go, and the Bruins got a great scoring chance.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Schwarzenegger 52.6% 50 votes
Ford 36.8% 35 votes
Willis 20% 19 votes

Excellent top three 80s action heroes as voted by HFPens.

161 total votes.

See, I don’t get Willis...Die Hard I was late 80s but the remaining series was in the 90s...what else qualifies him for an action hero in the 80s? Same with Weaver...Alien was in the 80s but remaining ones in the series in the 90s...

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I missed the replay. Did he just fall down at the blueline? Watching live, I thought a Bruin (Pastrnak?) knocked him over and the refs let it go.

There was a similar play later where the Bruins did trip or interfere with a Pen at the blue line, the refs let it go, and the Bruins got a great scoring chance.
Start at 6:27

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
There's going to be hell to pay for this treachery and betrayal. Revenge in the sequel will be sweet for Sigourney and the rest.

Let's hope that Sully chooses quality (Riikola) over righthandedness (Ruh) tonight.

Why can’t both Riikola and Ruh play...stop the presses...Olek should sit...
Dumo-Riikola
Maatta-Ruh
MP-JJ

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I didn't think that was a possibility, but I'm all for it.

:)....at least with that lineup we maybe have a player on the top two pairing who can make a good first pass or skate the puck out of the zone...

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Lol. I had to come up with ten people in prominent action roles.

I think only being in one movie, if it's a huge movie, qualifies you. Which is why Willis and Weaver were choices.

Feel free to make your own GDT haha we need help!

Here's that Maatta fall you all were looking for:

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch

I think only being in one movie, if it's a huge movie, qualifies you. Which is why Willis and Weaver were choices.

Didn't I just post that?

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Didn't I just post that?

Yes and no?

It seems you linked from nhl.com

Nhl.com recently did this thing where you can't hot link.

Gotta get it from YouTube instead.
Plus, I made it so when you click play, it goes right to the fall in question.

Go look at your post...Is there a clickable video showing up for you?

This is what your post looked like for me:

20181215_082155.png

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
See, I don’t get Willis...Die Hard I was late 80s but the remaining series was in the 90s...what else qualifies him for an action hero in the 80s? Same with Weaver...Alien was in the 80s but remaining ones in the series in the 90s...

Alien was '79, Aliens was '86. I myself prefer Aliens, and it's more of an action flick than the original anyway.

Meh, Die Hard alone is enough to warrant him a spot in the rankings. It's a perfect representation of "action movie". And the best Christmas movie.

Reactions: EightyOne

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Yes and no?

It seems you linked from nhl.com

Nhl.com recently did this thing where you can't hot link.

Gotta get it from YouTube instead.
Plus, I made it so when you click play, it goes right to the fall in question.

Go look at your post...Is there a clickable video showing up for you?

This is what your post looked like for me:

View attachment 165511
It is showing for me, but thank you for letting me know you can't link their videos. I would have never known.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Alien was '79, Aliens was '86. I myself prefer Aliens, and it's more of an action flick than the original anyway.

Meh, Die Hard alone is enough to warrant him a spot in the rankings. It's a perfect representation of "action movie". And the best Christmas movie.

Blasphemy...Alien is much better than Aliens...scary ****....I’m personally not a big fan of the Die Hard films but whatever...

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Blasphemy...Alien is much better than Aliens...scary ****....I’m personally not a big fan of the Die Hard films but whatever...

I'm old enough to have seen Alien at the theater (at least twice) and thought it was great and yeah, scary. My kids saw it when they were young and thought it was pretty hokey. But they'd probably seen enough spoofs of it on Family Guy/South Park or whatever else to know what was coming and to be jaded.

Reactions: Andy99

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Bruins fan - hope that's o.k.

Had to say I loved your GDT - Kurt Russel's got the best three with The Thing, Big Trouble In Little China and Escape From New York.

Fun but frustrating game last night - for both teams. Always enjoy this match-up as they play each other hard and am disappointed they haven't gotten a playoff round in awhile. Hopefully they get another while the cores are still intact. Bruins are doing an o.k. job treading water with all the injuries they've had this year but need to get points out of games like last night as The Atlantic is a different beast this year.

Sid's still amazing. Every time he's near the puck you just feel like he's going to win the battle - and what a beautiful pass. Probably how other fans feel when they play against Bergeron. Both players just work so hard and do everything right.

DeSmith played kinda o.k. last night.

Good luck.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Maatta literally looked like someone from a Learn To Play program won a contest and got to play a real shift in the NHL.

Don’t want to bust on him too hard but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a sequence quite that pathetic at the NHL level.

I was laughing my ass off when it happened and then Errey was all upset because he thought Maatta was interfered with. Maatta literally got a love bump and went down like a whaler harpooned him.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
It is showing for me, but thank you for letting me know you can't link their videos. I would have never known.

Maybe it's only on my end. However, YouTube links always work, so if other people are like me and can't see nhl.com links, maybe just go with YouTube anyway?

When you click the movie icon/film icon in the reply box here in order to insert a video, when the Insert box pops up, paste the YouTube URL link...and at the end of the link put &t=30 (to start at 30 seconds, or &t=145 to start at 2:25 etc...you might be able to do &t=25m08s, also, to start at 25:08, haven't tried that)

:thumbu:

Bruins fan - hope that's o.k.

Had to say I loved your GDT - Kurt Russel's got the best three with The Thing, Big Trouble In Little China and Escape From New York.

Fun but frustrating game last night - for both teams. Always enjoy this match-up as they play each other hard and am disappointed they haven't gotten a playoff round in awhile. Hopefully they get another while the cores are still intact. Bruins are doing an o.k. job treading water with all the injuries they've had this year but need to get points out of games like last night as The Atlantic is a different beast this year.

Sid's still amazing. Every time he's near the puck you just feel like he's going to win the battle - and what a beautiful pass. Probably how other fans feel when they play against Bergeron. Both players just work so hard and do everything right.

DeSmith played kinda o.k. last night.

Good luck.

Thanks for dropping by..Yeah..many teams have faced a lot of issues so early in the year.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Well the Kings are not quite the heavy team of yester year so play both Riikola and Ruhwedel. Sit Pettersson as to many LD and unfortunately pair Ruhwedel and Dumo then Riikola and hate to type it Maatta and then JJ Oleksiak as he can play RD. Not ideal, but that is the risk of Letang at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->