Post-Game Talk: Penguins 4, Red Wings 1 - Purple Tape and iPads and Superstars, Oh My!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
I’m happy to see the big dogs playing well. We obviously still need to address several holes in this lineup to be a legitimate contender.
Several? Maybe 3C, what else?

On another note, who am I rooting for in the NJ-Flyers game, besides meteor? And Couterier has 24 goals?

H382

Oct 20, 2006
Great game today..

btw.. I am not a fan of this new site.. I've actually spent significantly less time on this site because of it.. The popups on mobile kill me, as well as the tweets not loading on mobile or desktop.

Reactions: BrookswasHere44

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Several? Maybe 3C, what else?

On another note, who am I rooting for in the NJ-Flyers game, besides meteor? And Couterier has 24 goals?

Claudette Giroux is the winger on his line, Couturier is a good player, but he's finally being used in a more offensive role with Giroux as his playmaker, which I mean, isn't half bad at all.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Great game today..

btw.. I am not a fan of this new site.. I've actually spent significantly less time on this site because of it.. The popups on mobile kill me, as well as the tweets not loading on mobile or desktop.

I have never once had a popup on mobile, the article page is an epic joke (Gee, I wonder which city has "food" I care less about on a HOCKEY FORUM...) and I hate how that is the splash page when you log on, I have now made it so the link for HF just opens the Pens forum on mobile and desktop.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Missed this due to being asleep but I'm happy we won.

Yeah, sure you were. Is that all you're happy about?

Has8.gif

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I had the opportunity to see this one live. Great game by our stars.

Simon and Sid work so well together, and though Sprong looks fine with them, I think Hornqvist is a better compliment. I actually believe that Geno and Sprong would work really well together, as Sprong is a shooter and Geno has some experience playing with wingers like him. Simon is such a slick player, but his game has zero jam to it. He back checks though, and is pretty responsible 2 way player. The problem is that though Sid loves playing a give and go game with him, they are going to have to shoot the puck more.

Jamie Oleksiak is going to develop here. He had a good game. I really like what he brings to the table. His reach is incredible. That being said, I'd like to see him be a more punishing defenseman. There were a few instances where I thought he could have been more physical with forwards.

Jarry plays such a steady game. I really am warming up to the idea of he and Murray platooning.

This powerplay has me complete beside myself. I have no idea how we have the same players, the same general set up, but right now they are clicking so well. It's so much fun having a powerplay and I actually get excited v. knowing that I'll be disappointed.

Jake Guentzel is a true team player. He's really stepping up for the guys in the room right now and doing an admirable job at center. He's winning faceoffs, he's back checking, he's picking up his assignments. I love this guy.

Overall great game. Stars played like stars. If JR is able to get this team a 3C and a top 4 defenseman, we're primed.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Yeah that one PP was amazing. We didn’t score but the passing and control was unbelievable

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
I am thinking we will know quite a bit more about the sustainability of our turn-around after the West Coast swing. If we are getting through that (those three California games) with a PPG pace or better, I'll be getting pretty confident.

More so as I don't think any other among the Metro teams are legit. Have been waiting for New Jersey to fail for a long time; Columbus look like they're coming apart at the seems and the rest are just too up and down. Caps of course have to be there so we can go through them :).

But overall, while we have been much better in recent games, a lot of that is just special teams and Malkin being truly on. 5 on 5 we remain an average team right now; one that might look increasingly better in terms of territorial stats but still give up seemingly way too many high quality scoring chances way too easily. We're still short a Crosby who dominates ES and a 3C to keep us solid - but if we get that and Letang is 10-20% better (or less dodgy), I really think we could go all the way again.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I dunno what this is

SBHpM.gif

I dunno what that is...
151594322434321311_zpsadpxxw2r.gif

c5c1047d1b6f727299d8d06380aa83c2.gif

I'll stick to my vintage or foreign horror good Sir.
Sorry. I was playing off the fact you were sleeping in the middle of the day.

Cole is right, you really need to watch, "Robin Hood Men in Tights."

I'd rank it up there with Monty Python.
zxoLQ1W.gif

Classics.

Toodle-loo. Au revoir. Auf wiedersehen. Ciao. Ding dow dai.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad