Prospect Info: Penguins #4 Prospect

Who's our #4 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
giphy.gif

He's gonna earn a call up and he'll make you all believers. Bjorkqvistlievers.
Looks like a stud in the making. Excited for this kid. He probably doesn't have the ceiling of some of the prospects rated ahead of him but all signs point to him approaching that potential.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Looks like a stud in the making. Excited for this kid. He probably doesn't have the ceiling of some of the prospects rated ahead of him but all signs point to him approaching that potential.
The way he worked to get back in shape is a sign of how hard this kid works. People can sleep on him all they want as a top prospect, when this kid gets to camp and gets a taste of what he needs to do to be in the NHL, he will WILL that shit to happen by pure work ethic.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
You mother ****ers.

Pick Bjorkqvist damn it..

giphy.gif
He is the closest to making it next year. He is physically ready and seems to be pretty self motivated and has heart. Maybe a Hornqvist type. Bellerive and POJ and a few others will be in WBS as well, but they are a bit younger and may need to physically mature more and or face a steeper step to the pros.
Addison, Hallender, and our 2019 draft are all a year away yet. I don’t understand how Poulin got the top rank other than the novelty of being our recent 1st round pick.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
He is the closest to making it next year. He is physically ready and seems to be pretty self motivated and has heart. Maybe a Hornqvist type. Bellerive and POJ and a few others will be in WBS as well, but they are a bit younger and may need to physically mature more and or face a steeper step to the pros.
Addison, Hallender, and our 2019 draft are all a year away yet. I don’t understand how Poulin got the top rank other than the novelty of being our recent 1st round pick.
He's just mature in his game and his approach. He's got talent to back it up too. He's a less psychotic Horny.

Reactions: Nakawick

Doogle

Jun 8, 2010
I think Hallander has the higher ceiling between him and Bjorkqvist. I can see Hallander as a solid middle six center, and someone we can lean on potentially as Sid and Geno get older. Bjorkqvist could be a decent net front guy or a checking line forward, but I can't see him as anything more than a supporting player.

I'd consider Bellerive but it's hard to say where he's at in his development.

Reactions: PAJEN NORDGREN

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
The way he worked to get back in shape is a sign of how hard this kid works. People can sleep on him all they want as a top prospect, when this kid gets to camp and gets a taste of what he needs to do to be in the NHL, he will WILL that **** to happen by pure work ethic.

Get back in shape? What happened?

Edit: shoulder injury and consequent surgery

Last edited:

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I try to keep everyone informed.

But I also assumed you heard about his shoulder injury at the end of last season, which I now realize you might have missed, Randy. So, if we’re talking about Bjork, that’s what’s up.

I was confused because I thought he [Bjorkqvist] was always in shape (and the fact that I had to go back a few posts to see who people were talking about). Definitely missed that he required surgery. Which makes his off-season lifting videos even more ridiculous. He's built like a tank -- I wonder if he hits like one too.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I was confused because I thought he [Bjorkqvist] was always in shape (and the fact that I had to go back a few posts to see who people were talking about). Definitely missed that he required surgery. Which makes his off-season lifting videos even more ridiculous. He's built like a tank -- I wonder if he hits like one too.

Yeah, sorry, I thought you knew the backstory there, Rands. :laugh: I wasn't just trying to shit post on ya, so apologies!

Someone posted a few clips back in one of the ol' AHL/Propsects threads and he definitely looks like he knows how to hit, but again, it's hard to tell how that will stack up at the professional level.

gopens66

Hop in the Cordoba, Baby, we're goin' bowlin!
May 25, 2006
Altoona,Pa
Do we really know what Letang's baseline is? I assume that when he was tested, the doctors assumed he had already been concussed a few times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad