Prospect Info: Penguins #4 Prospect

Who's our #4 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
New addition POJ runs away with the poll. Biggest knock on him is his weight. Could potentially be another Petterson/Dumo type for us.

#1 Samuel Poulin (35.6%) (New)
#2 Calen Addison (50%) (+2)
#3 POJ (44%) (New)

Dangles78

Oct 14, 2012
Pittsburgh
If it's anyone but Hallander, I riot.

19 Y/O. 21 points in 45 games in his rookie season in a damn good pro league. He also had a great relegation playoff (7 GP; 5 goals, 3 assists). even though they lost.

I still believe him and Addison are 1a/1b.

enviSAGE

waitin on the good times
Aug 10, 2011
If it's anyone but Hallander, I riot.

19 Y/O. 21 points in 45 games in his rookie season in a damn good pro league. He also had a great relegation playoff (7 GP; 5 goals, 3 assists). even though they lost.

I still believe him and Addison are 1a/1b.

He was actually an 18 yo for all of that season last year. See if he builds on those numbers. Hornqvist had 34 in 49 as a 19 yo.

Since Hallander's team got relegated to the lower league, will he come over to Wilkes-Barre Scranton next year or can he find another team in the SHL?

Lust for Life

Jun 30, 2018
Since Hallander's team got relegated to the lower league, will he come over to Wilkes-Barre Scranton next year or can he find another team in the SHL?

He has signed with Luleå, one of the top teams in the SHL.

Still Hållander for me.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
You mother f***ers.

Pick Bjorkqvist damn it..

giphy.gif

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I like Bjork’s potential, drive, and freakish athleticism, but have to go Hallander here. If he and Poulin can pan out as solid top 9 guys that would be great.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Sticking with Almeida. Being the second most productive guy in the WHL behind Cody Glass, while playing more or less the entire season with a torn labrnum, indicates a big ceiling to me. And he's not a one way player or perimeter player, which are some of the big risks with a guy like him.

Can see why Hallander is getting the nod though.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I'm thinking it is Almeida but I voted for Hallander because he's going to run away with this and I wanted to expedite it.

Really, I think any one of like the top 7 or 8 could end up being our best prospect. I don't think there are any wrong answers right now.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Hallander at 18 is ahead of the curve. His size, defensive play and emerging offensive game will be special in two or three years. Bjorkqvist will provide that element of size, grit and compete that the Pens simply lack. I see him coming after a year at WB if he is healthy. Oliver is being rating to high based on draft position and reputation. I like Hallander here.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Two dmen prospects in our top 3 ?

What is this?

Pouliot
Maatta
Morrow
Harrington
Despres
Dumoulin
Bortuzzo

Funny, remember how livid everyone was when we did the Morrow+5th for Morrow+3rd trade? I know I was pissed. God I was mad.

Anyone remember who that 3rd round pick turned into?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Hallander at 18 is ahead of the curve. His size, defensive play and emerging offensive game will be special in two or three years. Bjorkqvist will provide that element of size, grit and compete that the Pens simply lack. I see him coming after a year at WB if he is healthy. Oliver is being rating to high based on draft position and reputation. I like Hallander here.

He's certainly an intriging prospect to watch. I'm really hoping between McCann, Bjugstad, Hallander, Bleuger, Palve, Olund, and even Almeida (even though I see him more as a wing), that one of them can turn into a solid 2C for us.

This is looking ahead in three years when Malkin's contract is up as I believe he will retire back to Russia at that time. You're left with Sid...then...? Then you have a gaggle of current 3/4C talent (actual and prospective). Hopefully one can break though. That said, I think we will have plenty of quality wingers.

Defense will be interesting to see with POJ and Addison. I think Dumo and Petts will be around for awhile. Letang may retire same time as Malkin but...who knows. By then he will likely be of 2nd pairing quality.

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
Sticking with Almeida. Being the second most productive guy in the WHL behind Cody Glass, while playing more or less the entire season with a torn labrnum, indicates a big ceiling to me. And he's not a one way player or perimeter player, which are some of the big risks with a guy like him.

Can see why Hallander is getting the nod though.
I'm really surprised there isn't more love for this guy on here, especially being 4 polls in. He has the potential to be a high impact player, not just a complementary winger. I don't think the risk of him being a bust are that much greater than anyone else either.

Reactions: Peat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->