Speculation: Penguins 3rd line center

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
we have Sam Gagner or Burmistrov but those guys are not available until the trade deadline.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
He's not really who I want, but given DETs tight cap and PITs need for a #3C, something around him wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I still really want Karlsson or Lindberg.

Agree think the Pens can do totally better then Sheahan, Just sounds like Detroit might've to move him and with the Pens looking for a #3C and with JRs former ties with Detroit it wouldn't surprise me.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Who knows? JR has said a couple of times that he's got a five potential targets and he's waiting until the right deal pops up. He's also said that if he wanted someone who is already available he'd have done it already, so if it ends up being an expected name I guess we can assume that he's settling.

He's also said that he's fine going into the season with the roster as is and making an in-season trade, which leads me to believe that Cullen is leaning more toward coming back than retirement. Purely speculation on my part though, afaik there hasn't been any news on him one way or the other.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
My guess is that the Penguins go into next season with Cullen as their 3C and Rowney as their 4C, and they'll eventually make a trade for a 3C in like December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->