Post-Game Talk: Penguins 3, Ryan "Kristers Gudlevskis" Miller 0

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Botch with the truth bomb. Well said:

Remember that year Mason Raymond scored 25 and no one cared? He’d be a god among men on this team.

Baertschi has 16 goals, and it’s a huge success story.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
LP9eLJi.jpg

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Baertschi has always been meh to me. Will be interesting to see if he'll be here when we get good again, as I can see him being likes Raymond type just with not as good defense. Eventually pushed off the team at some point.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Baertschi has always been meh to me. Will be interesting to see if he'll be here when we get good again, as I can see him being likes Raymond type just with not as good defense. Eventually pushed off the team at some point.
He needs to get much tougher to take off the puck.

I see way more potential in Goldobin than him.

Rick Rocket

Regetstred User
May 22, 2008

I remember a lot of raymond racing down the wing, then turning around back to the point. That is all.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I remember a lot of raymond racing down the wing, then turning around back to the point. That is all.

Well I feel there won't be many more memories on baertschi once we become a contender again, but to each their own.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Put me in the camp that has been impressed with baertschi, i like how he has played since returning.

Last edited:

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Chaput was just as effective as horvat tonight. I didn't mind his deployment at all. He owned his opportunity and could have potted two if he wasn't playing against a rookie Stanley cup winner.

Well, he did flub a perfect set up from Daniel I think ... might have been Henrik, on a wide open net. Just couldn't take the pass and lost the chance trying to get control of it.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
Miller showing the Ducks, and to a smaller extent, the Kings that they were fools to not trade for him.. his best game as a Canuck?

The "After Hours" segment with him afterwards is being used as proof that he doesn't hold the Canucks as his preferred destination this summer - can anyone confirm that? I haven't seen it. Only read quotes on the Twitterverse.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
gave up nearly 50 shots to an eastern conference team on the second of a back to back in western Canada. Champs or not it shows how far away this team is from even being mentioned in the same breath.

Guys like Granlund and even Baertschi are not the guys that are going to lead this team to contention in the top 6. It's why they desperately needed to add to the top line capable youth the last three years. Instead they've blown picks and taken d-men. There is very very very little once you get passed Horvat.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Canucks are a weaker team without Tanev.

If Miller cannot be enticed back it is because the team is not attractive. He can't waste his remaining year(s) on a certain fail. There are elements present to suggest Canucks will be a sure fire fail. Surely, Kesler isn't the only player to have figured this out?

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
Miller showing the Ducks, and to a smaller extent, the Kings that they were fools to not trade for him.. his best game as a Canuck?

The "After Hours" segment with him afterwards is being used as proof that he doesn't hold the Canucks as his preferred destination this summer - can anyone confirm that? I haven't seen it. Only read quotes on the Twitterverse.

I watched it and I don't think he said all that much either way. He said he wants to talk to Jimbo, and seems aware he'd be interested in keeping him. He also implied it's been pretty difficult doing the whole long distance thing (even if he is *closer* here on the WC)... and fwiw, his cousins (who also played in the NHL) advised him to play for as long as he can.

This is just *my* speculation but Ryan strikes me as a pretty competitive, intense, proud guy. I suspect he still wants to play as much as possible, and doesn't necessarily want to be relegated to a backup role behind a guy like, say, Quick just yet. Both him and his wife seem to be very much about their careers, and figure out the rest later, so I could see us being an option... question being does Ryan want to potentially have to carry us on his back for another year or two while we "transition"...?

He also seems like a guy who wants to win. Ryan's problem will be the limited number of options - even with Vegas coming in, there's more passably good goaltenders (and upcoming goaltenders) than there is available jobs imo... for example, if I were Jimbo, I'd be wanting to give Marky an extended look next year... I don't know if he's full-time starter material or not but I'd want to see what we have in him... and I would not want to be spending somewhere between $7.5-$9M on goaltending either

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Sbisa and Larsen gave me Sbieksa nightmares, guy clearly needs Tanev to carry him.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Have to hand it to Miller....he's gutting it out and standing on his head to the bitter end....but his stellar play really is a testament to how futile things are for this team right now.

He's UFA in the off-season, and basically playing his way out of Vancouver because he's probably earning a two-year extension from somebody....and with every "lights-out" performance, it only has the potential to rob the Canucks of draft position if he wins.

And the only other NHL goalie under contract, Markstrom, is out with injury....Yet the Canucks still have no idea if he can be a number one guy.:shakehead

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
He needs to get much tougher to take off the puck.

I see way more potential in Goldobin than him.

goldobin reminds me of baes first year with us, soft and wouldnt go try fight to get the puck on the boards, atleast what ive seen so far

bae has improved on those areas possibly by playing with horvat and it rubbing off on him

bae still needs to improve on areas but hes getting better imo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad