Post-Game Talk: Penguins 3, Capitals 2 (OT) - They DESERVED That Outcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
And in the 2nd round!

I actually think it was @Zirakzigil that really got things rolling on the AH gifs.

He was drafted in 2012 and you joined in 2014, though.
7f1590acbf7c7b12989959ebc9dc6fa5.gif

Yep. Was me. Haters gonna hate.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
The sooner that people understand that analytics in hockey = 'what happens when the guy is on the ice' and nothing more/nothing less, the better.
I think they're a useful tool at times, but yeah, some people believe they are the be all end all. And they're simply not. I think there's a middle ground to be found.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

TeeTee

Apr 20, 2016
Did Ovi touch the puck last night? Other than shooting, does he get involved in the game anymore? I cannot see him getting many more 1st line minutes when his involvement in the game is so narrowly defined.

I know that he can kill a team single-handedly, but his game has become what his defenders railed against. A one trick pony.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
5v5 has been mostly good all year.

Special teams are getting better.

Jarry is getting much better.

I mean, there are a lot of reasons to be cautiously optimistic...

Not really what was meant by my post. Been cautiously optimistic all year. But when people start talking moving Malkin to wing because we don't need him anymore because Blueger will fill in..

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Did Ovi touch the puck last night? Other than shooting, does he get involved in the game anymore? I cannot see him getting many more 1st line minutes when his involvement in the game is so narrowly defined.

I know that he can kill a team single-handedly, but his game has become what his defenders railed against. A one trick pony.

I think he still looked dangerous at some times and actually his ability to pass the puck has increased, but he's definitely just floating out there.

At even strength he's like their 8th best forward to me. Including Anne Hathaway.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
You think the Central is the toughest? I think it has a case for being the weakest. Nashville, Detroit, Chicago are all outright bad teams. Dallas and Tampa are on the cup
hangover. And Columbus is the definition of mediocre.

Hard to say either way with only division games. But Canes were trending up for real last season, and Florida has a strong team now on paper. I don't think you can say Tampa are on any kind of hangover being close to the league lead as they are, and Dallas remains a very strong team - just haven't played as many games yet.
IMO, there is at least a fair chance that Chicago and Nashville are better teams than the standings indicate. Chicago hurts big time from Toews and Dach being out long term of course. Nashville..... well, Hynes has not had any success in the NHL and their fans certainly hate him.
Columbus were neck and neck with the Metro group for the last couple of years while making the playoffs, and Tortorella might be an asshole but he is not inept at having his teams play competitive hockey. Detroit is a bad team, no question about it.

Either way, there certainly is no case for that division being the weakest looking at the teams in the North and West.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I feel like people who don't think head coaches or GMs matter have never worked in a normal job with structure in their life.

Maybe just having a GM who shows his face once in awhile is enough to increase morale.

The sooner that people understand that analytics in hockey = 'what happens when the guy is on the ice' and nothing more/nothing less, the better.

Holy shit analytics are just +/-?????

Reactions: Gurglesons and BHD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->