Post-Game Talk: Penguins 3, Capitals 1 - Blood, Sweat, Tears, and Guts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
LOL... really

Why don't you take a look at how Cole responds to my posts and then get back to me.

Kip - i've told you 10,000 times. I have zero personal issues with you. I argued Coach in the past. I argue the vets. I've battled KIRK every single year. But the difference is we agree to disagree or at least mutually see one another's point and move on. Hell WarmCookies and myself battled extensively in the past. Hell I've even disagreed with Jesse's breakdown one time. But the result is always mutual respect and a little give/take.

You have openly admitted in the past that you will argue a point, even if it's wrong. You said that. You even openly admit to doing that sometimes knowing it is wrong. So..... what do you want people to do? :laugh: Nobody has anything personal against you. But when you openly admit to being difficult, I think people get frustrated and you already know the reason why.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Because G - C has toasted that first line and Trotz is trying to get Backstrom out their against them.

Looks like it might be a decent gamble that G-C could toast Backstrom too and that HMH would toast Ovie. Guess we'll see if that's the match up Trotz wants.

Wasn’t it Rust-Brassard-Kuhnhackl? Thought Sheahan played with Sheary and Phil.

That's my memory and what the stats charts says too.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I think it's time to talk about Phil sitting. Either he's injured and can't do the things he needs to do, or he's just out of it and can't do the things he needs to do. Either way, he's hurting more than helping.

He had the 3rd least ES minutes last night.

Sheary 8:08
Brassard 9:29
Kessel 9:30

Reactions: Andy99

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Eh... I dunno. Our wings seem pretty decimated and/or vastly underperforming. I'm just trying to think of ways to get Brass in the game more. As has already been stated... unless he's severely injured still (possible) 11 minutes a night isn't doing him much of a service.

I don't disagree. So, you bring in say Jooris. Who sits? I think the top 2 lines from last night are probably safe. You don't sit either of Brass or Sheahan. Down to Phil, Sharey, Kuhn, and Rust. My money is on Sharey.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
I've got admit, I'd probably sit Sheary and Kessel. Then I'd decide if I wanted to roll 11-7 or try to flesh out 4 lines with some of the black aces.
Forwards: Josh Jooris, Daniel Sprong, Thomas Di Pauli, Adam Johnson, Teddy Blueger, Garrett Wilson and Jean-Sebastien Dea
Defensemen: Lukas Bengtsson, Chris Summers, Jarred Tinordi and Andrey Pedan

Reactions: Andy99 and ColePens

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Looks like it might be a decent gamble that G-C could toast Backstrom too and that HMH would toast Ovie. Guess we'll see if that's the match up Trotz wants.

When the Caps beat us the last two games it was Backstrom against Crosby.

I’d rather get away from that line. Oshie can neutralize Jake and Backstrom can definitely neutralize Sid. With how devoid our other scoring is we can afford to have all the other lines go even if Crosby and Jake get favorable match ups.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Kip - i've told you 10,000 times. I have zero personal issues with you. I argued Coach in the past. I argue the vets. I've battled KIRK every single year. But the difference is we agree to disagree or at least mutually see one another's point and move on. Hell WarmCookies and myself battled extensively in the past. Hell I've even disagreed with Jesse's breakdown one time. But the result is always mutual respect and a little give/take.

You have openly admitted in the past that you will argue a point, even if it's wrong. You said that. You even openly admit to doing that sometimes knowing it is wrong. So..... what do you want people to do? :laugh: Nobody has anything personal against you. But when you openly admit to being difficult, I think people get frustrated and you already know the reason why.

My point with you is you very rarely address my topic. You almost always make it personal (sometimes below the belt which you are allowed to get away with).

You also always make up quotes that I have said something or you completely take my comments out of context to fit your agenda. You are a bully on this site, and you aren't going to bully me. Not here and NOT ANYWHERE> that's fact.

You have a loyal band of followers who back you up because people, it's no different than high school and I find it a tad embarrassing.

My point this morning that I drew a correlation between Sprong and Jake is spot on. You may or may not agree with it, fine. But why make it personal?? I don't do that, YOU ALWAYS DO THAT.

You have personally run a bunch of people off of this site, you and your merry band of "the in club", glad handing each other on a daily basis. You won't run me off, even with your blatant unfairness, I'll still be here playing by your rules. I never run away and I could care less about being ridiculed by faceless parrots.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
I don't disagree. So, you bring in say Jooris. Who sits? I think the top 2 lines from last night are probably safe. You don't sit either of Brass or Sheahan. Down to Phil, Sharey, Kuhn, and Rust. My money is on Sharey.

I don’t see Jooris getting in over any of those.

Phil won’t be dropped even at reduced minutes he’s still better than anybody they bring up. Get him off PP 1 though.

Sheary is not producing but I doubt Jooris helps any more there. He’s still fast and using his speed on the forecheck to win or make a contest. Sheary for Sprong might be a logical option but can’t see it while we are winning. History has suggested that when he gets scratched he comes back a better player.

Kuhnhackl has played well. Obviously no offense but he’s a really safe guy out there and his board work has been great. Winning battles and clearing the puck. He’s no chance of being sat.

Rust still good in the back half of the ice and we need his speed. When he shoots he’s been pretty good. Not much in helping his linemates and he needs to open up the game a bit more with his speed. He’s trying but this series the Caps are doing a good job to neuter him.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV

Phil won’t be dropped even at reduced minutes he’s still better than anybody they bring up. Get him off PP 1 though.

Sheary is not producing but I doubt Jooris helps any more there. He’s still fast and using his speed on the forecheck to win or make a contest. Sheary for Sprong might be a logical option but can’t see it while we are winning. History has suggested that when he gets scratched he comes back a better player.

Kuhnhackl has played well. Obviously no offense but he’s a really safe guy out there and his board work has been great. Winning battles and clearing the puck. He’s no chance of being sat.

Rust still good in the back half of the ice and we need his speed. When he shoots he’s been pretty good. Not much in helping his linemates and he needs to open up the game a bit more with his speed. He’s trying but this series the Caps are doing a good job to neuter him.

The discussion was about moving Brassard to wing. So, you either have to scratch someone and bring in one of Jooris/Rowney, or double shift a lot.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
My point with you is you very rarely address my topic. You almost always make it personal (sometimes below the belt which you are allowed to get away with).

You also always make up quotes that I have said something or you completely take my comments out of context to fit your agenda. You are a bully on this site, and you aren't going to bully me. Not here and NOT ANYWHERE> that's fact.

You have a loyal band of followers who back you up because people, it's no different than high school and I find it a tad embarrassing.

My point this morning that I drew a correlation between Sprong and Jake is spot on. You may or may not agree with it, fine. But why make it personal?? I don't do that, YOU ALWAYS DO THAT.

You have personally run a bunch of people off of this site, you and your merry band of "the in club", glad handing each other on a daily basis. You won't run me off, even with your blatant unfairness, I'll still be here playing by your rules. I never run away and I could care less about being ridiculed by faceless parrots.

I really try not to engage because 1) I don't think you understand the game like you think you do. 2) It's not worth my time. There is such amazing hockey talk on this board that I don't feel like wasting my time on hot takes.

And I don't mean that in any negative way. Time is valuable. There are so many brilliant hockey minds on this site. You just yell out of anger. It's not worth my time. I want to discuss my hobby with other Pens fans who will have a better time discussing the topic.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Man. Brassard is struggling like this playing against a 4th line.

Hindsight’s 20/20, but a cheap 4C and Kane was the route to go at the deadline.

Especially with Rust, Sheary and Kessel all struggling.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
My point with you is you very rarely address my topic.
just fyi, you do this all the time too. You don't make a personal attack back, but you just repeat your initial opinion and say you're right. It's very rare to have an actual discussion with you, because you don't actually seem to be interested in hearing opposing viewpoints. You just say they are wrong and repeat yourself.

Reactions: NewAgeOutlaw

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

But think how bad our 4C would be if the cheap 4C was playing hurt.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
The discussion was about moving Brassard to wing. So, you either have to scratch someone and bring in one of Jooris/Rowney, or double shift a lot.

My view on moving Brassard to wing is that it’s not a good idea. He’s not a winger and not playing that great where he’ll be better or much better than who we can play at wing.

If Brassard plays 4C that’s fine he will still do a good job where we can trust having him out there and we can keep Crosby and Malkin’s minutes to where they play their best.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

He’s hurt and we have him for another year...the decision was a good one, just unfortunate with his groin injury....

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
He still has us as the underdog. I peeked at his website and he has the model up for today. It's a closer, but hes still has the Caps as favored to win the series.

I am not surprised as his model has the loss of Wilson as a positive. He did provide some analytics to back that up as I have linked. But models will reflect what is put into them.

That was the major variable change as he had the Pens favorites before the series started.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
so Sprong may be getting a chance. He's at practice. I won't be surprised certainly. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't player either though.

I figured we'd see how the offense does with Geno back. And then Hags came back the next game. But still no depth scoring 5v5.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

Pretty fair analysis. I'm a bit surprised at how fast things have shifted from "Sheary's not producing but he's getting the looks and defending well" to "Sit the hobbit".

When the Caps beat us the last two games it was Backstrom against Crosby.

I’d rather get away from that line. Oshie can neutralize Jake and Backstrom can definitely neutralize Sid. With how devoid our other scoring is we can afford to have all the other lines go even if Crosby and Jake get favorable match ups.

Fair points - but not what shows up on Curdy's charts for that game.

so Sprong may be getting a chance. I won't be surprised certainly. I figured we'd see how the offense does with Geno back. And then Hags came back the next game. But still no depth scoring 5v5.

Is this based on a quote from someone that I've missed, or speculation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad