Prospect Info: Penguins #2 Prospect

Who's our #2 Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Poulin our first 1st rounder in 5 years takes the #1 number spot.

Sorry to all those who voted for Jarry but im going to take him out of the poll.

#1 Sameul Poulin (35.6%) (New)

Expecting this to be a landslide for Addison

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I still can't believe Jesse re-tweeted stats with a 5-game and 14-game sample size, respectively. Really painting a broad, accurate picture there :laugh:

There's something in the tweet thread about the sample size and at what level it starts to get solid - but yeah, small sample sizes. But more than we've got.

I'd still probably go for Addison even without that tweet mind.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Same. Was considered a bit of a steal in the late 2nd, and had a reallly impressive post-draft season. Equally or more impressive than players drafted ahead of him in the same league, including Bokk.

Exactly that plus the really impressive 8 points (5 goals) in 7 games in the relegation round for a weak and young team. Hopefully he can capture more of that over a full season but I’m excited for the kid.

Reactions: rickardr

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Regardless, it is nice that we seem to have several more prospects than we have had in the last few years. I think Bjorkqvist is going to be with the big club after Christmas.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think Addison has the highest upside, but he has high bust potential as well IMO. I think POJ is similar to Pettersson, he only has 2-way #3D upside but he's probably going to be a NHLer. POJ's problem is that he's undersized, he doesn't seem to have many issues with his game from reading scouting profiles.

I'd go POJ because I don't think Addison's high end potential is higher enough for me to pick him over the safer prospect in POJ.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Jordy Bellerive...again. Gonna surprise many.

This is our best prospect group since when...2012? When we had all those dmen that didnt pan out here, to go with Beau Bennett..Crosby's future top winger for next decade.

This group being more forward heavy tho...and their particular skill sets...way more confident in a handful of them panning out. Some as top 6..some solid bottom 6. And a Guentzel type or two.

Allowing us to eventually move Rust, Bjugstad, etc...and add a top dman for example with the money we will have from 2-3 players on their ELCs.

Entering a whole new era it seems while Crosby/Malkin still have plenty left in the tank. 2 more cups. 5 total.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
I'm surprised that POJ and Addison are getting top 3 votes. I think when rating prospects, one should find a balance between potential and likeliness of achieving that potential. In POJ and Addison's case, both have a very high chance at busting. I think Hallander (and Miletic at #3) is a much better choice at #2, because he's already had success against men and has obvious potential. My top 10 if Jarry isn't included :

1. Sam Poulin (F)
2. Filip Hallander (F)
3. Sam Miletic (F)
4. Justin Almeida (F)
5. Jordy Bellerive (F)
6. Calen Addison (D)
7. Nathan Legare (F)
8. Pierre-Olivier Joseph (D)
9. Sam Lafferty (F)
10. Kasper Bjorkqvist (F)

Reactions: rickardr

Ad