• Linus Olund (F)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thecore

Jul 2, 2008
Nebraska
steeltuxbird.blogspot.com
Jarry. Can’t put Bellerive quite this high with his lack of pedigree, though he certainly should be top 5.

People forget that Jarry didn’t look out of place as a full time starter for a stretch before having some poor spot starts. He’s going to be at least a good backup or low end starter, which is pretty good relative to our prospect pool.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I’m not nuts about Jarry.

but are you....

Cocoa_Puffs.jpg

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I’m not nuts about Jarry.

Idek. I think Murray unexpectedly displaced him in the org, altered expectations and probably changed how his career would progress. Originally and ideally for the Pens he probably would have been Fleury’s backup for a few years until splitting it for the final year of Fleury’s career. Going by his new deal.

2018-19: Possible backup (23)
2019-20: Backup (24)
2020-21: Backup (25)
2021-22: Split (26)
2022-23: Starter (27)

Instead, Murray happened but still has durability concerns. Jarry got into the nhl at 22 as the starter for a stretch and compared to Murray being a freak. He’ll most likely be a trade piece in a few years.

I’m not sure he’ll ever be a legit starter but he’s done well enough so far in the AHL and nhl.

Doogle

Jun 8, 2010
Jarry is the most likely to succeed, even if I see him as a platoon starter level goalie like the Blues did with Allen/Elliot. I don't see him as a true one but should be noticeably better than the average backup by the time he reaches his peak.

Edit... to clarify I don't mean that he should platoon with Murray, just that would be his best situation, which obviously would be elsewhere besides Pittsburgh.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I went with Jarry because he's so close to graduating. I think Bellerive will have a bigger impact though.

After Bellerive wins #3, this is going to get real interesting. I really like what I've read about Hallander, Angello, Addison, and Riikola. I have no idea how to vote. I can't wait for the prospect tournament.

I vote add Adam Johnson

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Why is Jarry even an option? He's no longer Calder eligible.

I think Sprong was too.

Jarry. Can’t put Bellerive quite this high with his lack of pedigree, though he certainly should be top 5.

People forget that Jarry didn’t look out of place as a full time starter for a stretch before having some poor spot starts. He’s going to be at least a good backup or low end starter, which is pretty good relative to our prospect pool.

Bellerive does have pedigree though. He was a top 5 bantam draft pick, he went to the Hlinka, he had one of the highest post-bantam draft WHL seasons. All through junior he's looked a high odds pick for a good career until his pre-NHL draft season, where he's stuck in a bottom 6 role and is inexplicably not drafted. The season after he looks like a 1st rounder. Minus that blip prior to his draft season, I think Bellerive would have great pedigree... for another team. Super lucky there.

Anyhoo, I can't rightly decide here at the moment.

Jarry is closer, but maybe by less than we realise. It's not a done deal he's in the NHL this year and next year, well, next year Bellerive's a decent bet to make a team midway through the season.

In terms of likelihood to make it, I'm a little concerned that maybe Jarry doesn't have the mindset to shine in rare back-up appearances. That he needs regular heavy minutes. That's a hard thing for a guy who's not ready to be an NHL starter. I know Bellerive is young, but he's reported as having the characteristics to make it as a bottom 6 grinder even if he doesn't quite make his ceiling.

Not sure who's got the higher ceiling. Jarry definitely has starter potential imo - he has a lot of Murray's confidence and positioning with a good dash of Flower's athleticism. The description of Bellerive as "Guentzel with Hornqvist-esque intensity" makes me pretty high on Bellerive though. Plus, all the talk about his shot.

Right now I'm leaning towards Jarry because I had a dream where Jarry got an assist on a goal for us in a SC final against the Canucks. But I'm gonna think about it a little.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
I don't really think of Jarry as a prospect, so I went with Bellerive. He's out of the hospital and training, I posted an Instagram post with three videos here. Before seeing them I was a little hesitant, but it looks like he really is going to fully recover. Go Jordy Go!

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Dang, no ones gonna beat Hallander's drum?

I love what I've heard of Hallander, but I'm curious as to why you'd put him before two guys who look a lot more NHL ready and arguably have higher ceilings.

edit: I went with Jarry in the end and suggest adding either Johnson, Almeida or Lauzon.

Almeida because he's made the U20 showcase so he's got something about him, and Lauzon because he is our highest pick not on the list, and ropy season or not he should be there for people to vote for if mad enough.

pokey10

Neat
Apr 26, 2016
Pittsburgh
I love what I've heard of Hallander, but I'm curious as to why you'd put him before two guys who look a lot more NHL ready and arguably have higher ceilings.

edit: I went with Jarry in the end and suggest adding either Johnson, Almeida or Lauzon.

Almeida because he's made the U20 showcase so he's got something about him, and Lauzon because he is our highest pick not on the list, and ropy season or not he should be there for people to vote for if mad enough.
Thats only due to the fact that we have only seen flashes from Jarry, Bellerive according to some scouting reports, will only be bottom 6. Hallander has size and from his tape, can skate pretty darn well. Also, hes a Swede! lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad