Prospect Info: Penguins #14 prospect - RUNOFF

Who's our 2018 #14 ranked prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Another tight race leads us to a 3rd runoff battle. Both Almeida and Miletic are coming off their best season to date. Will be interesting to see if they can replicate that level of dominance going forward, in particular Miletic who'll be playing for WBS this year.

As usual the winner will be 14th and the loser 15th.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Almeida because his big season came at the under age.

....and also because

s12-06.jpg

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Flip a coin really.
Went with the younger guy.
Hope Militec turns out to be a good pro tho and he might.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Voted Miletic as I'm dubious as to the odds of a guy Almeida's size becoming a pro. I know we're seeing smaller and smaller players making it but its still the exception when they're that small and given he doesn't have outstanding pace, I'm dubious as to him having the skill to be one of those exceptions.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
I voted Miletic just because he's had success two years in a row. He scored 37 goals in 2016-2017 and had his best season yet last year. I'd say he's more proven than Almeida at this point.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Voted Miletic as I'm dubious as to the odds of a guy Almeida's size becoming a pro. I know we're seeing smaller and smaller players making it but its still the exception when they're that small and given he doesn't have outstanding pace, I'm dubious as to him having the skill to be one of those exceptions.
Good point. He was also drafted as an overager, so the odds of him growing are that much smaller.
I've also seen him knocked for his skating which, if accurate, is troublesome for a small player.

The more I considered this, the clearer it became to me that Miletic is notch above him.

ETA Miletic had monster year after signing with Pens

Last edited:
Reactions: BladeRunner66

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
M

Same. Both are long shots, but at least one of them will never be held back due to size concerns.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad