Prospect Info: Penguins #11 Prospect

Who's our #11 Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Lafferty has the largest jump yet, up 7 spots from last year. Had a really good rookie season.

#1 Samuel Poulin (35.6%) (New)
#2 Calen Addison (50%) (+2)
#3 POJ (44%) (New)
#4 Filip Hallander (60.4%) (+1)
#5 Kasper Bjorkqvist (43.2%) (+3)
#6 Nathan Legare (53.2%) (New)
#7 Jordy Bellerive (45.2%) (-4)
#8 Justin Almeida (76.6%) (+6)
#9 Sam Miletic (24.7%) (+6)
#10 Sam Lafferty (33.9%) (+7)

Reactions: PAJEN NORDGREN

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
Went Drozg.

What happened to Olund?
I was gonna ask about Olund. A lot of people here were in love with him the last two years, and now nothing. I didn't really share that excitement, but I don't think his year in WBS was all that bad. He's still young and was adjusting to a new rink size and such. I wouldn't write him off yet.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
I was gonna ask about Olund. A lot of people here were in love with him the last two years, and now nothing. I didn't really share that excitement, but I don't think his year in WBS was all that bad. He's still young and was adjusting to a new rink size and such. I wouldn't write him off yet.
He'll get more playing time in the SHL than down in Wilkes-Barre.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

PAJEN NORDGREN

Jul 23, 2018
Stockholm
Oh. Well I guess there's pros and cons to it. Good thing he got some experience here last year at least.
I think it’s for the best. Last year he was mostly used on the forth line and PK, was a healthy scratch at times. And this year WBS will be stacked up front.

In Brynäs he will probably center the second line and get time on the PP, earn a few games on the national team and come back here next year with confidence and ready to play a bigger role.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I don't think him going back to Brynas that season is a particularly big deal and if anything better for him as a player. Slight worries that maybe he won't be committed to the hard grind of making it in America if things go hard again, or maybe he'll get homesick or won't be able to adjust, but nothing that major.

But I am slightly down on the fact that he didn't do much at WBS after a plateau season at the SHL. Putting him below the guys who did bring it at WBS is just obvious imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad