Prospect Info: Penguins #10 prospect

Who's our 2018 #10 ranked prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
2018 FA signee Juuso Riikola wins this round and ranks 9th. Will be interesting to see if he can make the team on opening night.

Added Ethan Prow. Wanted to add JS Dea, but I don't view him as a prospect anymore. If most disagree with me I'll add him next.

Results so far (and change from last year):
#1 Daniel Sprong (87.6%) (-)
#2 Tristan Jarry (52.6%) (-)
#3 Jordy Bellerive (72.8%) (new)
#4 Calen Addison (54.7%) (new)
#5 Filip Hallander (79.2%) (new)
#6 Teddy Blueger (44.0%) (-1)
#7 Kasper Bjorkqvist (22.4% in poll #7, 57.6% in runoff) (+6)
#8 Niclas Almari (26.9% in poll #7, 42.4% in runoff) (+4)
#9 Juuso Riikola (36.8%) (new)

Last edited:

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Time for everyone to get on the Angello train.
The one common denominator of guys jumping to the next level and performing really well is speed. Sheary, Rust. You add size+speed and you give yourself a nice head start.

I HOPE he becomes a Rust like player that you can plug in anywhere. Played both wings at Cornell and took some draws too. But i'd settle for a nice bottom 6'er that can crash/bang and pot some.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Voted Olund. Sounds like he's got the brain and skillset to become a bottom 6 centre with some skill, providing the athleticism is there. And he's had it far enough to play in a man's league so far.

Added Ethan Prow. Wanted to add JS Dea, but I don't view him as a prospect anymore. If most disagree with me I'll add him next.

Because a 26 year old AHL 7th dman is a prospect... I cba to argue the Dea thing any more, but if you're going to overlook him, it should be for guys whose prospect status isn't as questionable.

So add Dea... but if not him, then Reilly or Palojarvi.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Because a 26 year old AHL 7th dman is a prospect... I cba to argue the Dea thing any more, but if you're going to overlook him, it should be for guys whose prospect status isn't as questionable.
The thing is Prow's game is still evolving. Dea... not so much. What you see with Dea is what you get at this point. He's a finished product and won't get much better than depth forward or career AHLer. I'm still not opposed to adding him though.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
The thing is Prow's game is still evolving. Dea... not so much. What you see with Dea is what you get at this point. He's a finished product and won't get much better than depth forward or career AHLer. I'm still not opposed to adding him though.

Given that they both posted comparable jumps in production the last year, I'm not sure how true this is.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I'm going with Angello, obviously.

I think the rankings are pretty spot on. You all have done a pretty good job, IMO. The only thing I think I'd change is drop Bjorkqvist down to 9th. The team is in love with him though, so him climbing a bit is understandable. I think 6-10 are fairly interchangeable as a tier so it should be interesting to see who steps up this season and differentiates themselves.

Speaking of Dea, did he clear waivers last year or is this going to be his first time exposed?

Last edited:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The fact Lauzon is still bunched up among the long-shots and prospects with little shot of making it still rankles me.

Doogle

Jun 8, 2010
I think AHL regular seems to be the peak for pretty much all these players. I don't have high hopes for any one individual.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->