Prospect Info: Penguins #1 Prospect

Who's our #1 Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Obviously theres a couple more moves left to make, but we might as well get this started.

I'll include Jarry for now even though his future is undetermined. Lots of new additions this year. The team has done really well replenishing the cupboard in the last year. Our list will very different than the last year.

Polls will go 48 hours unless there's a landslide win. If its too close to call then a 24 hour run-off will be done.

Here's our past polls. Can only see the full list as far back as 2015.

(Sprong has really dominated these polls :laugh:)

2018 (Sprong, Jarry, Bellerive)
2017 (Sprong, Jarry, ZAR)
2016 (Sprong, Guentzel, Sundqvist)
2015 (Murray, Sprong, Sundqvist)
2014 (Pouliot, Kapanen, Harrington)
2013 (Pouliot, Maatta, Harrington)
2012 (Morrow, Despres, Dumoulin)
2011 (Despres, Tangradi, Bennett)
2010 (Tangradi, Despres, Bennett)
2009 (Tangradi, Despres, Caputi)
2008 (Goligoski, Caputi, Jeffrey)

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think Poulin being #1 is the only one I'm confident in. I think you can justify any of Addison, POJ, Hallander, Bjorkqvist or Jarry being #2, plus I'm really intrigued with Legare too.

I'd say my top-5 right now is Poulin, POJ, Addison, Hallander and Bjorkqvist/Jarry in that order.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
I think I'll go with Poulin just because of his upside. Hes a couple years away but his skill set is really unique.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Poulin will get it but I voted for Bellerive. Alot will be pleasantly surprised by this kid. Has it all.

And hes closer than Poulin so I usually go with that unless theres an obvious difference in talent.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Poulin was an easy choice for me. I expect him to win #1 in a landslide

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I'm not sold it's Poulin yet, just because he's technically a first rounder...he's needs a lot of work...Legare looked better imo at development camp but it's hard to make an evaluation of him until we see him at camp...I went with Addison for that reason

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Tbh, looking at past polls, I'm tempted to be superstitious and name anyone but Poulin because scoring highly in these hasn't been a great predictor of success :laugh:

But I think it is him right now. Combination of probable highest ceiling and one of the higher floors. But gonna have a think about this first. Anything else apart, there's a lot of guys who are a lot closer to contributing, which I think does count for something.

What I will say now is that Lucchini should be the next added.

Puck You Too

Apr 12, 2019
Maryland
Bellerive is the next man up. Most of the others are 2 years away.

That said, The prospect tournament and of course training camp will provide solid information. Right now it is a guessing game without seeing them play.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
i went with Legare because i think he can eventually make the most impact, but it was between him and Poulin. Addison would be my 3rd pick.

Legare (by a molecule)
Poulin
Addison
Bellerive
POJ

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Poulin
POJ
Addison
Légaré
Hallander
Bellerive
Bjorkqvist
Almeida
Larmi
Drozg/Miletic

...will be my voting order for the top-10. I won’t be voting for Jarry because I feel that he will be with another organization before the season begins, sadly. I’d still bet he’ll become a quality starter and would place him fourth on my list.

Reactions: td_ice

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Went with Addison. Position won out over Poulin's draft location. Skating reports on him terrify me mildly. POJ is a broom handle.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Maybe YOUUU should outsource yourself to Reddit!

What is reddit?

Don't say Twitter either as I've never been on there, and never will be.

I enjoy stringing full sentences together more often than not. :help:

But the track record of people on this board voting prospects isn't that good. In fact it's pretty sad when you look back through history. One can search things like that here.

Prospects as a whole are way, way to over hyped anyway.

I prefer going with safer choices in these polls.

Addison might have the best upside but he also carries a ton more risk than numerous players here. I'm not a fan of smallish, offensive only dmen who get drafted with miles of road to go defensively.

PO Joseph doesn't have the offensive upside of Addison but count me in the camp of people who still believes a Dman's #1 priority is stopping the other team. That's why I'm higher on POJ. I think he was a sneaky good add to the Kessel trade based on everything I've read.

I think Hallander is a bottom 6 NHL lock. Same with Bjork, although I think he could be a scoring line glue guy if he peaks just right.

But I'm going way off the board because I don't enjoy following the same road the masses take.

Give me Almari.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->