Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sam Lafferty (F)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
It's mid-July and I believe it's time for our annual prospect poll. JR may still sign a guy or two (Robertson?) between now and the conclusion of training camp, but we'll just have to wait for the 2019 prospect poll edition to include them. Feels strange without Burgs being in charge, but here we go.

Simon (graduated), Aston-Reese (graduated), Bengtsson (unsigned), Pedan (unsigned), Gustavsson (traded) and Archibald (also traded) are no longer eligible from last year's poll. 2017 FA signee Jordy Bellerive is expected to make his debut in the top 20. Also eligible, are newly signed forward Tobias Lindberg and defenseman Juuso Riikola, along with our 2018 draft class.

Polls are open for 48 hours. Landslides may be called after 24 hours. Polls that are too close will have a 24 hours runoff. Also, like in the past, write in who you'd want added for the next round.

Previous polls top 3 :

2017 (Sprong, Jarry, Aston-Reese)
2016 (Sprong, Guentzel, Sundqvist)
2015 (Murray, Sprong, Sundqvist)
2014 (Pouliot, Kapanen, Harrington)
2013 (Pouliot, Maatta, Harrington)
2012 (Morrow, Despres, Dumoulin)
2011 (Despres, Tangradi, Bennett)
2010 (Tangradi, Despres, Bennett)
2009 (Tangradi, Despres, Caputi)
2008 (Goligoski, Caputi, Jeffrey)

Last edited:

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Has to be Sprong again. His rookie season in the AHL is nothing to sneeze at. Led team in goals and points

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Went with Sprong. The odds of him being a good NHL player are by now higher than everyone else on that list bar maybe Jarry, and his ceiling is as high as anyone there's too.

I'd say add Olund next.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
1. Sprong
2. Bellerive
3. Addison
4. Hallander
5. Jarry

My top-5, personally. It's not a bad group, the Penguins prospect pool actually looks pretty decent. Outside of those 5, I'm excited about Bjorkqvist. I think he's going to have a big season next year.

Reactions: Shaffer

XanderCrews34

Mar 28, 2014
1. Sprong
2. Bellerive
3. Addison
4. Hallander
5. Jarry

My top-5, personally. It's not a bad group, the Penguins prospect pool actually looks pretty decent. Outside of those 5, I'm excited about Bjorkqvist. I think he's going to have a big season next year.
“Bjorkqvist” sounds like it was created by an NHL 18 random Scandinavian last name generator for the GM mode.

Reactions: Gold Diamond

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Pens killed the 2nd round. Hallander and Addsion look to be 1st round talents.

Yeah. The five Empo lists is a solid enough group, just no "Can't miss blue chip" guys.

Btw - FBF suggested I start the next one this evening if this turns out to be a landslide. Burgs had all polls open for 24 hours before closing so I'll wait that at least (or FBF can do it then, as I'll likely be asleep), but this one looks to be a landslide, so no need to keep it open beyond that.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Hallander just screams Patric Hornqvist to me. I can see why the Pens traded up to get him. Looking at highlights and reading all the scouting repots has me pretty excited about him being a really good bottom 6 anchor or even a solid scoring line glue guy if he reaches his full peak human performance.

Reactions: Dawkins

Coach Travis

Back2Back!!!
Jun 29, 2005
Thunder Bay, Ontario
bucketdecals.com
During the Shero years we salivated over our D prospects and bemoaned everything else. Fast forward to 2016 and the only D who panned out were Maatta and Dumoulin. At the same time we had Murray on an ELC and a host of cheap ELC forwards who allowed us to stretch our depth. And EVERYONE would have said that our forward prospects pool was piss poor.

You never quite know what you've got until guys start getting reps at the NHL level.

Reactions: Burn

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
1. Sprong
2. Bellerive
3. Addison
4. Hallander
5. Jarry

We actually have some diversity in the group for the first time in...I dunno, since we were racking up lotto picks. A sniper RW, a tenacious offensive center, an offensive RHD, a big 2-way utility forward, and a goalie. Pretty well-rounded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->