OT: Penguin Fan from St Louis

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Hello Penguins board,

I have been meaning to post this for a couple years but kept being lazy. The wife finally asked me to clean out my little man cave downstairs and I wanted to share my collection with some fellow Pens fans.

I started following the Penguins when I was a kid, my brother and father would never let play as the Blues when we played any video game so I start playing as Pittsburgh. Playing hours and hours, learning all the players names, and basically falling in love with a team I could only really follow 30 seconds at a time every night on sports center.

I am a Blues fan and follow them but since we get booted out of the playoffs I have always rooted for the penguins also. Yeah I was still up watching Kieth Primeau score in 5OT, I saw Mario retire and then comeback, I saw Jagr leave, and Sid get drafted. I have lurked on this board often but always stayed silent. Anyway enough of my incoherent blabbering.

Link to my Penguin collection, Thought it might bring back some memories of fans my age.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Hey, welcome to the Pens board!

More the merrier, I don't subscribe to hating new fans, so I hope we see you here more often and with games easy to view these days, I hope you've been watching more games during the regular season too.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
That’s awesome. You are missing an integral part of Pens memorabilia:

A Jean Claude Van Damme jersey!

sudden-jean-dam_400.jpg

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Your wife told you to get rid of your Penguin stuff? or did I read that wrong?

Might be more that his wife wanted him to clean up his man cave.

Now since a man cave is none of her business, he kicked her out and now has more time to display his memorabilia and post here ;)

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Your wife told you to get rid of your Penguin stuff? or did I read that wrong?

oh god no, I was just cleaning. She wants to make that room into a video-game/movie room for the kids, I will take down the starting line up figures, and get much better frames for some of the posters. I will pack a away a few of the breakable things so the kids do not destroy everything. I would really like to the Mario poster cleaned up and framed, I plan on still having a Hockey theme to the room.

Reactions: Peat and billybudd

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Might be more that his wife wanted him to clean up his man cave.

Now since a man cave is none of her business, he kicked her out and now has more time to display his memorabilia and post here ;)
Ah a clean up. But I say let the man cave be his own choice if it's contained to 1 room.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
oh god no, I was just cleaning. She wants to make that room into a video-game/movie room for the kids, I will take down the starting line up figures, and get much better frames for some of the posters. I will pack a away a few of the breakable things so the kids do not destroy everything. I would really like to the Mario poster cleaned up and framed, I plan on still having a Hockey theme to the room.
Ah that's good, I was gonna freak out if she told you to get rid of your man cave lmao.

Reactions: TheBluePenguin

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
Glad I'm not the only one! I'm from St. Louis and my family was always a die hard Blues family. However, when we were young, my brother and I went our separate ways. He became a Red Wings fan and I became a Penguins fan when I saw everything Lemieux was doing in the early 90s. I started collecting Lemieux cards, and then sticks, and jerseys, and anything Penguins, etc. I've been with the team through the horrid years and the amazing ones and it's been a great ride. I still make the Blues v Pens games in St. Louis and it is awesome how many Penguins jerseys I see in the stands :). It's great seeing Penguins fans around here.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBluePenguin

AverageJoeFan

Mad cat
Feb 15, 2018
Pittsburgh
Hello Penguins board,

I have been meaning to post this for a couple years but kept being lazy. The wife finally asked me to clean out my little man cave downstairs and I wanted to share my collection with some fellow Pens fans.

I started following the Penguins when I was a kid, my brother and father would never let play as the Blues when we played any video game so I start playing as Pittsburgh. Playing hours and hours, learning all the players names, and basically falling in love with a team I could only really follow 30 seconds at a time every night on sports center.

I am a Blues fan and follow them but since we get booted out of the playoffs I have always rooted for the penguins also. Yeah I was still up watching Kieth Primeau score in 5OT, I saw Mario retire and then comeback, I saw Jagr leave, and Sid get drafted. I have lurked on this board often but always stayed silent. Anyway enough of my incoherent blabbering.

Link to my Penguin collection, Thought it might bring back some memories of fans my age.

Welcome aboard!

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
I always liked the Pens second to my Blues as well. Loved those light blue jerseys of the expansion years.

lol I was one of the few that rocked a Penguins Starter jacket here in STL and I used to have a gold chain with a little gold Pens logo that was like the one below lol

il_340x270.1039739522_lxev.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad