Penalty Kill

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
Our penalty kill sucks. Every time the ref raises his hand for an upcoming pp for the opposition, my anxiety level rises.
Who would you like to see on it?
I really dont like seeing marner and Mathews on it. Neither is particularly good at it and I fear a blocked shot injury coming (for no god reason).
Hyman, muzzin, Brodie, kerfoot(?), mikayev(?), bogosian (?)

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
The PK has been fine. A player can block a shot, and get injured, at any juncture of a game. Vesey (and Spezza tonight) would be forwards to add to the list. Any of the blueliners - perhaps with the exception of Lehtonen - could find themselves there at some point. It looks like Rielly's usage there is being scaled back though.

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
Sorry guys.... I meant over the past year or so. Not the first couple of games.
I hope things have changed. I just don’t like seeing stars out there. Killing penalties should be for the bottom six

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Whoever they end up putting on that 4th line leftwing should be a penalty killer. I'm not sure if Brooks has killed penalties, ut Engvall most certainly has

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I’d say their PK last game was as good as it’s been in a long time, granted no Laine made the Jets PP a little off, but still looked pretty solid IMO.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
It's going to need to be BIG tonight because this is Mcdavid and Draisatil special teams are going to have to step up.

Hopefully Freddy is on andd Matthews steps up

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
It's been effective so far, but the only decent powerplay we played was the Jets and they were missing Laine. Let's see how it looks after we've played the Oilers four times.

The Matthews/Marner powerplay unit has been the most disappointing special teams unit so far.

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
If we keep rolling out guys like marner and matthews instead of guys like mikayev and Hyman, frustration will grow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad