Penalty kill

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
LAst nights fail made it seem that thye are trying adjustments to go from a low pressure PK to a Zero pressure PK.

Watching 2 Bruins multiple times between the D men and Elliot was a sight to see.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
LAst nights fail made it seem that thye are trying adjustments to go from a low pressure PK to a Zero pressure PK.

Watching 2 Bruins multiple times between the D men and Elliot was a sight to see.

PK 101: never leave a player between you and your goalie...Flyers like to do things their own way

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW

Boy, I miss Cechmanek. Seeing a goalie totally go off on the PKers for hanging him out to dry might be just what we need here. (only slightly kidding)

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
14-15: PK% = 77.1 (27th); SH GF = 3 (25th)

15-16: PK% = 80.5 (20th); SH GF = 3 (24th)

16-17: PK% = 79.8 (21st), SH GF = 4 (23rd)

17-18: PK% = 75.8 (29th); SH GF = 3 (29th)

18-19: PK% = 67.5 (31st); SH GF = 0 (19th)

OVERALL: PK% = 77.9 (30th); SH GF = 13 (30th)

NHL.com - Stats

But our PK coach led the league in Pucks-to-face/60 during the 09-10 season, so it all evens outs.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
I am surprised that not a single guy from AHL can step up and help us... We have all these great prospects with good potential yet we cannot produce a single decent 4th liner. What's wrong with this picture?

Reactions: Domino666

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I am surprised that not a single guy from AHL can step up and help us... We have all these great prospects with good potential yet we cannot produce a single decent 4th liner. What's wrong with this picture?

zack-hill-flyers-ron-hextall-dave-hakstol.jpg

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Only other logical explanation for why Lappy hasnt been fired yet is that Hakstol actually runs the PK and Lappy is really just a "go-between" for Hak and the players.
This is my take as well. I think lappys role is more player relations and getting them to buy in and stay motivated. The pk is just hakshell shorthanded.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
You can't just trust a guy that has played less than 200 games in the NHL to skate back and forth accomplishing nothing on the ice. It takes years of experience to master that craft.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
You can't just trust a guy that has played less than 200 games in the NHL to skate back and forth accomplishing nothing on the ice. It takes years of experience to master that craft.
So in last 5 years no one mastered this art? Maybe this is something you have to be born with and pass it to your children.

Reactions: Domino666

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
So in last 5 years no one mastered this art? Maybe this is something you have to be born with and pass it to your children.

They have plenty of guys at the AHL level that could come up and help, but they don't fit the description of what a 4th liner should be to this coach and team. It's actually really hard to find 30 year olds with limited mobility and awful puck skills that play a heavy game in the draft.

Last edited by a moderator:

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
They have plenty of guys at the AHL level that could come up and help, but they don't fit the description of what a 4th liner should be to this coach and team. It's actually really hard to find 30 year olds with limited mobility and awful puck skills that play a heavy game in the draft.
So back to my original statement.. no 4th liner that can PK in last 5 years? I did mention that we have prospects previously in post #33.

the f are you talking about lol.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
The extremely passive 6v5 at the end of the Arizona game was hard to stomach.
They didn't put pressure on the puck, and they were playing against Arizona, with a two goal buffer.

Reactions: Foggy14 and Tripod

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
I keep thinking there has to be some master plan I’m not seeing, some crazy Usual Suspect shit that Hexy is going to pull in the next 2 years, because he can’t really think what’s going on right now works, to me it feels like kids you grow up with who want to be more “urban” and move from a nice apartment in the suburbs to a smaller shittier apartment in a known bad part of a city just to get street cred, that’s what I see when I look at the Flyers, they don’t have to be this bad, there is a fix within the ranks, I feel like Hexy is like “well we have to suck to get better derp” or I may be overtired either way fire Dick Beet Dave!!!!

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad