PEKKA RINNE WINS THE VEZINA!!

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
He'll probably be the first Pred to have his number retired, but I don't think he'll get in the Hall unless he wins the cup, more Vezinas or both. :naughty:

His play in the playoffs is just lacking too much.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
He'll probably be the first Pred to have his number retired, but I don't think he'll get in the Hall unless he wins the cup, more Vezinas or both. :naughty:

His play in the playoffs is just lacking too much.

Yeah hed need a minimum of a Cup(and Smythe) and another Vezina to even get in the conversation, I suspect.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
This is very possible. I think his resume will be good. I think he has decent chance at the hall, especially if he puts together another solid 1-3 years.

FWIW, I wonder where Ryan Suter and Shea Weber sit at the end of their careers when it comes to the HHOF.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
This is very possible. I think his resume will be good. I think he has decent chance at the hall, especially if he puts together another solid 1-3 years.

FWIW, I wonder where Ryan Suter and Shea Weber sit at the end of their careers when it comes to the HHOF.

Weber need to stop getting hurt, which of course is hard to do playing the way he does

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Not many very good goalies finish first, second, and third in vezina voting....

He's won one Vezina. People aren't going to look at second or third place finishes in the voting. He doesn't have a Cup. Has had one great Cup run getting us to the Finals last year. Beyond that, what is Hall of Fame worthy? He's a great guy, he's an amazing goalie but he is not Hall of Fame worthy.

To put it in to perspective, compare him to Brodeur, Hasek and Roy and where does he sit? He's not even in the same conversation with those guys.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
It's tough to compare anyone to those three, they are some of the best to ever play the game. I'd compare him to Kiprusoff, Nabokov or Turco. If one of those guys makes the Hall I think he has a good shot, I think they're all right on the edge, but the hall is tougher to get in if you're a goalie.

There have been only six goalies to make the Hall since the new millennium; Vachon('16)Hasek('14), Belfour('11), Roy('06) Fuhr('03) and now Brodeur.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->