Injury Report: Pekka Rinne Injured

valeriammm

Beers/Bikes/Bums
Sep 21, 2018
(I cant believe this isnt a thread already??)

Rinne has been placed on injured reserve, with an undisclosed injury. This happened Friday night over the Flames match in Calgary. The following game against Edmonton Saros was in net managing to pull a shutout. The predators did recall a goalie from the ECHL.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
It was kinda being talked about in the Observations thread. I'm assuming it's either a concussion/neck issue or a groin injury. The team hasn't said anything. Grosenick from Milwaukee is the backup now and Svoboda (ECHL goalie) went to the Admirals.

Reactions: valeriammm

valeriammm

Beers/Bikes/Bums
Sep 21, 2018
I definitely think it might be a groin injury, I dont see much head impact in game replays, but that could also just be bad camera shots. As for now I fully trust Saros, and think he is beyond capable of managing the fort. So long as Rinne doesnt stay out long, im afraid to test out any backup

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Definitely want him healed quickly. I think it's something with his right side based on the quick discussion and motioning he was doing with saros on the night of the injury. Hurry back Peks!

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
It almost looked like an elbow or wrist on his blocker side based on that short conversation he had with Juuse as he was leaving the ice. But obviously it could be anything, and we may not know until well after the fact if ever at all.

I get the reasoning for keeping injuries secret during the season, but maybe the team's should be forced to disclose the specifics after the season.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I get the reasoning for keeping injuries secret during the season, but maybe the team's should be forced to disclose the specifics after the season.
"I don't see anything wrong with not disclosing injuries."

- Steve Sullivan's "upper body injury" circa 2007-2009

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
It almost looked like an elbow or wrist on his blocker side based on that short conversation he had with Juuse as he was leaving the ice. But obviously it could be anything, and we may not know until well after the fact if ever at all.

Hippa says no

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I used to be an athletic trainer and there is so many different pieces of paperwork which makes the glamour of pro sports seem mundane: HIPPA, workman's comp, immigration, press releases, non-disclosure agreements, etc.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville

brady-high-five.gif

Reactions: predhead1

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
OK, Saros has been good except for SJ. I could tolerate Saros for 3 more games

S%
Rinne: .929
Saros: .918

GAA
Rinne: 2.10
Saros: 2.47

Both are playing top 10. Saros 6 games, Rinne: 5

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I still think my initial take was correct. If we had a waiver exempt player to send down he might not have even been put on IR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->