Confirmed with Link: Pekka Rinne announces retirement from hockey

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
I don't disagree that the photo is a distraction, but I thought the thread was about his retirement, not limited to a tribute and appreciation thread.

"Pekka Rinne announces retirement from hockey" is the title, not "Pekka Rinne tribute and

Last edited:

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
I don't disagree that the photo is a distraction, but I thought the thread was about his retirement, not limited to a tribute and appreciation thread.

"Pekka Rinne announces retirement from hockey" is the title, not "Pekka Rinne tribute and appreciation only" thread.
Also, he didn't die, he fricken retired. Maybe people need to check themselves if flipping off a camera somehow tarnishes his sainthood.

Reactions: 101st_fan

gene vestal

May 25, 2020
Got a text from the organization to buy a commemorative stick, a perfect example of marketing and so the business of hockey goes on. Lets make a few quick bucks while emotions are high. Something makes me think there will be many cases of something else to buy with #35 the first home game, or a night in honor of him.
That's right..If you don't want to contribute to his 365 found to benefit children with cancer send the organization a quick note.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
That's right..If you don't want to contribute to his 365 found to benefit children with cancer send the organization a quick note.

There was nothing in the message text I got that referred to the charity . I didn't click on the link because I don't click on links from unsolicited text messages.

I just dug it out of the trash and see that I have to agree to "give my consent to Nashville Predators Foundation to process my personal data". Probably harmless but I'd rather not do that.

Thanks for the snide comment though. You could have just said that the proceeds are going to the Foundation and more effectively made your point than a snide comment.

Last edited:

gene vestal

May 25, 2020
There was nothing in the message text I got that referred to the charity . I didn't click on the link because I don't click on links from unsolicited text messages.

I just dug it out of the trash and see that I have to agree to "give my consent to Nashville Predators Foundation to process my personal data". Probably harmless but I'd rather not do that.

Thanks for the snide comment though. You could have just said that the proceeds are going to the Foundation and more effectively made your point than a snide comment.
My apologies for being on the "snide" side of my reply. I felt that I crossed too far over the line after my post and
hopefully you and others with your feelings can give me some slack. Your original comment seemed too much of an attack against all involved and it seemed to have been spelled out from the story I saw. I'll be more careful in direct replies in future posts.

Reactions: Adz

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
My apologies for being on the "snide" side of my reply. I felt that I crossed too far over the line after my post and
hopefully you and others with your feelings can give me some slack. Your original comment seemed too much of an attack against all involved and it seemed to have been spelled out from the story I saw. I'll be more careful in direct replies in future posts.

No worries, thanks for the response. I am a bit cynical about business taking advantage of emotions and NHL hockey is business first and many of us, myself included, like what Pekka brought to the team and hate that we missed the Cup with him in net so emotions are near the surface with his retirement. If the text in the message included ANYTHING about the foundation without having to click on an unsolicited link my reaction would have been different.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad