Pekka or Mason vs Wild??

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Hey there Preds Nation. Ranger fan yet bigtime Pekka fan and owner in my $$ fantasy league. I haven't read anything about this yet and it's pretty early in the day and so complete guess on my part and tell me if y'all agree. Tonight vs Wild should be a Mason game and tomorrow night vs the white hot Black Hawks, would be Rinne's game...yes?

Obviously Trotz could play Pekka back to back but I was thinking Mason hasn't played in a few weeks and was thinking he'd get the call and Trotz would save his stud who looks like he's back to being "Pekka" after his early season rust and who can be nice and rested. What do you guys think...who gets the call tonight in your opinions?

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Off a shutout, it is almost for sure Pekka tonight.

Yeah, was thinking about that as well. Would be probably real difficult for Trotz to not put Rinne between the pipes. I guess the thought that Mason hasn't played in a long time, last time he did play, he almost shut out the Wild, and with the power house Hawks on tap tomorrow at home, thought possibly Trotz might use this back to backer as an excuse to give Mason some love. But yeah, your probably right...very rare a coach doesn't roll with his stud goalie coming off a shutout.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
It's a coin toss tonight. The guy coming off the shutout or the backup against the Wild with the undefeated Hawks tomorrow night. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Mason play tonight so we have a fresh Pekka against Kane, Toews, Hossa, et all.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
It's a coin toss tonight. The guy coming off the shutout or the backup against the Wild with the undefeated Hawks tomorrow night. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Mason play tonight so we have a fresh Pekka against Kane, Toews, Hossa, et all.

thats one school of thought but in the past in these situations Trotz sometimes plays the starter against the "weaker" of the two to try to make sure we get at least two points out of the two games... not saying I agree with that strategy, just noting that Trotz has done it before, like last year when we had the Rangers and Isles BTB...

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Cooper just tweeted that Trotz said Mason is in tonight. Not surprising. We have 4 games next week and it is a road/home back to back. Mason played well against the Wild and won last time and we need Rinne to be rested for the hawks and the other 3 games next week.

I'm not expecting Mason to play again until the Avs on February 18th on the next back to back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad