TBN: Pegulas Starting a New Empire Sports Network?

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
This deal makes a ton of sense. They don't have to worry about filling an entire TV schedule (especially in the summer) but they get the opportunity to produce local content. $20m a year is a lot of money.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
So, you can apparently stream Syracuse Crunch games and now Kalamazoo Wings games on the Lightning Streaming service:

I want to know more about this service, and also, will the new MSG WNY deal allow for something like this. I would watch a ton of Amerks and even Jackals games.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
The NHL needs to help the AHL raise the quality of their TV broadcasts - which means lighting in their arenas, and better cameras - many of the AHL broadcasts are 1980's cable access quality. Right now AHL Live is probably making peanuts, only the most hardcore fans would pay for the quality they are presenting. Regional sports networks like MSG would pick up their product and pay good money.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Ugh.

Well, it would be pretty cool to be able to stream Amerks and even Jackals games - both video and audio.

Still want MSG WNY to get on that.

It would appear that TWSN has the angle on both Amerks and Crunch games.

TWC has infrastructure in BCA, I know, that helps get them the feed from games within the arena.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad