Pegula Interview with AP

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Seriously?

Talking to the AP isn't the issue. Talking only to the AP and freezing out The Buffalo News is.

You think it's cool to freeze out a media outlet like The Buffalo News. I don't.

We are going to have to agree to disagree.

I don't care if he doesn't talk to TBN because I probably wouldn't read it anyway. I hold no opinion on how cool it is, I'm just 95% confident that anything they have to say will be completely biased rubish agenda backing. The problem from this fans perspective isn't with Terry, it's with the awful sports reporters. If I thought I was going to get a well written article supported by actual facts instead of baseless conjecture I would be upset that Terry dodges the media.

To me freezing out TBN is like Terry freezing out Bleacherreport. Good don't devalue yourself talking to hacks.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Seriously?

Talking to the AP isn't the issue. Talking only to the AP and freezing out The Buffalo News is.

You think it's cool to freeze out a media outlet like The Buffalo News. I don't.

We are going to have to agree to disagree.

"Freezing out" is strong language. TBN has access to every press conference, a variety of other team personnel, and the locker room, and they've been there to ask questions of Pegula at a variety of events over time where he's invited the press generally. They just don't get one on one sit-downs the man they called a racist in print.

There have been, AFAIK, two interviews that Pegula has given to sources other than the Buffalo News. You have to virtually construe Pegula as having an obligation to talk to no one BUT the Buffalo News to get excited about this. You're taking a very strong view of his obligations, when in fact, he has no obligations to anyone. He's the actual owner.

Clock

May 13, 2006
I think there's actually positive value in Pegula NOT talking to TBN from the fan perspective. Less BS being propagated.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Personally if I was Pegula, I'd pull the 3 stooges' press credentials and deny them access to the team. Let the News cover the Sabres with just Vogl or some intern that doesn't have an axe to grind.

If he really wanted to piss them off, he could just invite the other media members to an exclusive sit down. They act like their entitled and are martyred if things don't go their way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad