Pegula Interview with AP

Clock

May 13, 2006
I can already feel the indignation of the clowns over at TBN right now.

I actually read it hoping he took a nutshot at TBN

Spoiler Warning: He didn't :(

They'll be fired up because
1. An interview was given to someone that wasn't them
2. That Regier and Rolston aren't reading their articles. I'm guessing the spin will be that they represent the opinions of the fans, and thus they're willingly placing themselves out of touch or something equally stupid.

BuzzKillington90

Jul 12, 2011
Albion, Ny

2. That Regier and Rolston aren't reading their articles. I'm guessing the spin will be that they represent the opinions of the fans, and thus they're willingly placing themselves out of touch or something equally stupid.

Honestly, after "journali....guys with computers" write some of the stuff they do, if regier and rolston did read the article....there would be less of a chance for interviews.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012

Yep, Pegula is a billionaire. He will do what he wants. And that includes not rewarding TBN guys for being *****.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
If I was him,I wouldn't interview with media thats only looking to for me to slip up.

They only want reasons to complain, reasons to bash him, or reasons to points out why he's not that great. Its not like TBN actually wants to interview him in a journalistic way.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Whether Miller stays or goes, it's refreshing to have an owner that comes out publicly and states he wants his star players sticking around.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I wouldn't call Miller a star player anymore. He once was, but these days he's more like a former star.

As you know, "star" is a subjective term. It has different meanings to who you ask. I think league wide, more hockey fans think of Miller as a "star" than don't. Those that are fans of the Sabres would be the worst people to ask. :laugh:

Bosswally

Aug 2, 2011
Chattanooga, TN
I wouldn't call Miller a star player anymore. He once was, but these days he's more like a former star.

Miller is still a good NHL goalie, may not be a great one anymore but he is still one of the most famous players in hockey which from a business point of view is very important. Miller brings exposure and tv ratings which leads to things like outdoor games and the like which is important for attracting free agents. If you don't believe than ask yourself when was the last time a big free agent signed with a team west of Chicago. They don't because of among other issues they wont get the media attention out there and will receive less perks like endorsement money. All the good teams out west got their star players through the draft or through trades. Miller is far more important to this team than just his goaltending ability (which he is pretty damn good, I still maintain he is top 10 in the league still but with he gets lit like a target at a shooting range so it brings his numbers down). A man who is as good in business as Pegula is recognizes this and is part of the reason he wants him re-signed

Lock3Boys

Aug 16, 2005
Buffalo, NY
As you know, "star" is a subjective term. It has different meanings to who you ask. I think league wide, more hockey fans think of Miller as a "star" than don't. Those that are fans of the Sabres would be the worst people to ask. :laugh:

Even league wide, the only fans that think he is a star are low information fans. People that don't follow hockey as religiously as those that post on this site.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Neither Pegula nor the author used the word "star" when referring to Miller, so I'm not going to enter that argument. In any event, it sounds like Miller has thus far rebuffed their effort to get him re-signed. I sensed some (mild) frustration in the "Maybe you should ask Ryan that" quote.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Neither Pegula nor the author used the word "star" when referring to Miller, so I'm not going to enter that argument. In any event, it sounds like Miller has thus far rebuffed their effort to get him re-signed. I sensed some (mild) frustration in the "Maybe you should ask Ryan that" quote.

Good, imo. If Vanek wants to re-sign here, get it done. There's little point in re-signing Miller at his age for the money and term he'll be looking for.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Good, imo. If Vanek wants to re-sign here, get it done. There's little point in re-signing Miller at his age for the money and term he'll be looking for.

The only concern with not having Miller in the fold is how many times Vanek has stated in one form or another that he believes the Sabres always have a chance to win due to Miller. If Vanek's mind isn't made up already, I think Miller's departure would be the proverbial straw that breaks the camel's back. I don't see him being the only Rochester core member to stick around.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
The only concern with not having Miller in the fold is how many times Vanek has stated in one form or another that he believes the Sabres always have a chance to win due to Miller. If Vanek's mind isn't made up already, I think Miller's departure would be the proverbial straw that breaks the camel's back. I don't see him being the only Rochester core member to stick around.

Vanek will be sent off before Miller leaves the team, though. Vanek either extends before the deadline or is gone.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Pegula has learned alot since he became owner. He came is as a fan, fell in love with the players, coach, and GM he was rooting for.

He has grown up and realized what it takes to win a championship and that putting a time line on a rebuild is silly.

Right. When he first came here he said it because it sounded nice.

Although I hate to admit it, I would believe that in another couple of years we will be contenders if we can continue the rebuild at the pace we're going.

So far the future doesn't look too bleak: the defenseman look good, there are a bunch of nice looking forwards, honestly I think it just hinges on a few guys like Armia and Grigorenko. If they can pull through this team will be pretty good.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Rookie exuberance from Pegula now tempered by a bit of experience and we see a change in commentary. Seems he's gained some wisdom and isn't still following the wrong path.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
If I was him,I wouldn't interview with media thats only looking to for me to slip up.
They only want reasons to complain, reasons to bash him, or reasons to points out why he's not that great. Its not like TBN actually wants to interview him in a journalistic way.

Well said!

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Over/under on when the piece about it is out?

Not sure when they will talk about Pegula, but when Girgensons is sent to Rochester expect the piece about how Regier and Rolston are incompetent with selecting the roster and managing prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->