Pedialyte??

SkepticalDougO

Jul 8, 2010
Louisiana
I think I saw it on this forum but couldn't find it....

Does anyone drink pedialyte instead of gatorade/powerade?

A guy on my team does this all the time- and he suggested it, I've heard of pro athletes doing this as well.

Is this something you drink before, during or after? If before the game, how early before? I know you want to give it some time to get into your system.

I think I want to try it for my game tonight

hlrsr

Sep 16, 2006
Never tried it myself, but I heard it's great for hangovers.

That's all I have to add. :(

Thepandamancan

Jun 6, 2010
It's basically just like gatorade, but with less sugar. It's more akin to the old formula of gatorade, which was a lot of sodium and electrolytes. The modern gatorade formula relies on sugar to give you that boost, which is great...but it's kinda like eating chocolate and getting a sugar rush, not the purest energy source.

I would treat it just like you would gatorade. What people forget is that hydration begins before the game, so drink it before, during, and after. Pedialyte is probably better before and after though.

I stick to gatorade during my games. I remember as a kid having to drink pedialyte when I had the stomach flu and it tasted bad. Hopefully they've changed that.

SkepticalDougO

Jul 8, 2010
Louisiana
It's basically just like gatorade, but with less sugar. It's more akin to the old formula of gatorade, which was a lot of sodium and electrolytes. The modern gatorade formula relies on sugar to give you that boost, which is great...but it's kinda like eating chocolate and getting a sugar rush, not the purest energy source.

I would treat it just like you would gatorade. What people forget is that hydration begins before the game, so drink it before, during, and after. Pedialyte is probably better before and after though.

I stick to gatorade during my games. I remember as a kid having to drink pedialyte when I had the stomach flu and it tasted bad. Hopefully they've changed that.

I got the girlfriend to pick some up for me, it still tastes bad. I'll try to drink a good bit before, then some after. During I'll stick to wate

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->