TSN: Pearson traded to Pittsburgh

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
If Pearson puts up 15 this year, good for him. There was NOTHING he did as a King this season[or last season] that showed he was going to do it again. We got cap space which is more valuable than he was.

I don't think anyone is actually suggesting we should have kept him or anything. Only that there were critiques suggesting that he literally wasn't even an nhl player, obviously made out of anger and disgust but stupidly hyperbolic nonetheless, which only emphasizes the folly of doing any serious player evaluation in THIS climate.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
So let me ask this question... if we are trying to re-tool or rebuild or whatever you call it, and try to go with youth with some speed to match the new NHL, then why trade one of your younger 1st round picks (when the entire team has played absolutely abysmal) for a player like Hagelin that won't bring back hardly anything of value at the trade deadline?
honestly I'd be shocked if the Kings couldn't get a late 1st or 2nd + lower pick/prospect for a guy like Hagelin at the deadline from a playoff contender. his years with the Pens may have boosted his resume especially during the cup years.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
honestly I'd be shocked if the Kings couldn't get a late 1st or 2nd + lower pick/prospect for a guy like Hagelin at the deadline from a playoff contender. his years with the Pens may have boosted his resume especially during the cup years.

He is now injured for a couple weeks, and has 11 goals in his last 102 NHL games...Would you pay a late first or second round pick for the player I just described.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
ec610cc2957e4dcb64ad228ade97a632.png

Reactions: Legionnaire

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Pearson is in serious decline, anyone what to redo this trade???

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Scoring at an 18 goal pace with Pittsburgh.

Are we really going to do the "I told you sos" now that he finally slipped back off his career point pace? Where was all this bravado when he was doing fine?

Reactions: Peter James Bond II

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
He has one goal and one assist over the last 13 games. And he’s a healthy scratch. I’d rather see Luff and Leipsic in the lineup over that creampuff.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
He has one goal and one assist over the last 13 games. And he’s a healthy scratch. I’d rather see Luff and Leipsic in the lineup over that creampuff.

40 point players are 40 point players because they don't rack up points every game and enter 'slumps' pretty frequently, that's why rosters need several.

I'm just not ready to bury the guy after one bad year and it's just baffling and a little bit disgusting watching people trash him over and over, what did he do to offend everyone here so badly?

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
40 point players are 40 point players because they don't rack up points every game and enter 'slumps' pretty frequently, that's why rosters need several.

I'm just not ready to bury the guy after one bad year and it's just baffling and a little bit disgusting watching people trash him over and over, what did he do to offend everyone here so badly?

He has 15 points and won’t be reaching close to 40 this season. There was nobody who was more vanilla than Pearson. He was barely noticeable and excelled at absolutely nothing, hence he was an average player making a lot more than he’s worth.

There are better options than seeing Pearson skate laps and do nothing to help the team. There’s not a single thing he did that I can think of where I say to myself, “I sure do miss Pearson in the lineup.”

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
He has 15 points and won’t be reaching close to 40 this season. There was nobody who was more vanilla than Pearson. He was barely noticeable and excelled at absolutely nothing, hence he was an average player making a lot more than he’s worth.

There are better options than seeing Pearson skate laps and do nothing to help the team. There’s not a single thing he did that I can think of where I say to myself, “I sure do miss Pearson in the lineup.”

Okay, and I disagree with your assessment of his abilities, but none of that responds to anything I said, except this year's point totals. I said I don't understand why there's so much venom and people piling on him for a bad season.

Resurrecting this thread when he finally enters a slump is f***ing trash posting.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
We can go in circles as nobody can answer what it is this team is missing with Pearson out of the lineup. I stated clearly the guy is vanilla and quite average. You don’t need to spend close to $4M on a player like that, as evidenced by the contributions of far lesser paid players

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
We can go in circles as nobody can answer what it is this team is missing with Pearson out of the lineup. I stated clearly the guy is vanilla and quite average. You don’t need to spend close to $4M on a player like that, as evidenced by the contributions of far lesser paid players

You're quite literally ignoring the question: what did Pearson do to piss everyone off so much?

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
You're quite literally ignoring the question: what did Pearson do to piss everyone off so much?

He did nothing. That’s what’s he did. Did you ever notice Pearson contributing in other ways when he’s not scoring? Was he a physical presence, creating scoring chances because of his tenacity and aggressive forecheck? Nope. But I can name players like Clifford and Leipsic who can do that, are just as productive, and aren’t grossly overpaid.

He was a healthy scratch. If he’s contributing in anyway, he wouldn’t be sitting in the press box. I’m astonished how attached some of you are towards such an average player. Feel free to answer with what exactly it is that the Kings are missing with this soft ass winger out of the lineup.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
He did nothing. That’s what’s he did. Did you ever notice Pearson contributing in other ways when he’s not scoring? Was he a physical presence, creating scoring chances because of his tenacity and aggressive forecheck? Nope. But I can name players like Clifford and Leipsic who can do that, are just as productive, and aren’t grossly overpaid.

He was a healthy scratch. If he’s contributing in anyway, he wouldn’t be sitting in the press box. I’m astonished how attached some of you are towards such an average player. Feel free to answer with what exactly it is that the Kings are missing with this soft ass winger out of the lineup.

Yes. That's exactly Pearson's game when he was on. Who was doing all the puck digging for the 70s line?

Calling him 'grossly overpaid' is just dishonest. He's making 3.7 million just like all the other players that are (supposed to be) scoring 40 points and being generally complementary players, like Shaw, Helm, Silfverberg.

I have an unreasonable love for Leipsic and I think he has a higher ceiling but he's actually producing even less than Pearson and his best season--this one--finds him scoring at a 33 point pace. Ditto for Clifford, who should never sniff top six time. You're going totally off the rails here with emotion and no logic.

I'm not at all 'attached', I'm just curious why people are so mad about him, making all sorts of posts mocking him, and you just became Exhibit A.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Why are we using scoring paces as a measure? That shit doesn’t hold up when a f***er goes 20 games with one goal scored. Leipsic has more points in less games. Clifford has two less points in less games as well, and neither are playing with Crosby or Malkin.

He’s gone, and he’s not missed by this team. A number of underperforming players like him is the reason why this team is in the crapper.

Reactions: ibleedkings

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
I loved Pearson but he is not the same player he once was. Pens could be a lottery team and some on the Pens boards are already looking at who can be moved for next year. His name came up. I rather have the cap space and any pic we get for Hags going forward. It was the right move to make.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

I actually thought Pearson played better than Toffoli last season when they were both having down years. He worked harder than Toffoli during his slumps, that's for certain.

I know it's worked out because Toffoli's playing better than he this season, and Hagelin may return something better than Pearson if the Kings traded him at the deadline, but I think we all forget that he still contributed more than Toffoli even when neither were scoring.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I loved Pearson but he is not the same player he once was. Pens could be a lottery team and some on the Pens boards are already looking at who can be moved for next year. His name came up. I rather have the cap space and any pic we get for Hags going forward. It was the right move to make.

Totally. Pearson could bounce right back to 40 points and I still think it was the right move to make. And I'm ok with people disagreeing about his abilities, but it's the sheer venom with which people discuss him that's just total shit.

but whatever I'll just quote myself from earlier in this thread since it still applies

I don't think anyone is actually suggesting we should have kept him or anything. Only that there were critiques suggesting that he literally wasn't even an nhl player, obviously made out of anger and disgust but stupidly hyperbolic nonetheless, which only emphasizes the folly of doing any serious player evaluation in THIS climate.

I mean, creating a strawman with the sole purpose of bumping the thread to shit talk him is exactly what I'm talking about.

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
Yes. That's exactly Pearson's game when he was on. Who was doing all the puck digging for the 70s line?

Calling him 'grossly overpaid' is just dishonest. He's making 3.7 million just like all the other players that are (supposed to be) scoring 40 points and being generally complementary players, like Shaw, Helm, Silfverberg.

I have an unreasonable love for Leipsic and I think he has a higher ceiling but he's actually producing even less than Pearson and his best season--this one--finds him scoring at a 33 point pace. Ditto for Clifford, who should never sniff top six time. You're going totally off the rails here with emotion and no logic.

I'm not at all 'attached', I'm just curious why people are so mad about him, making all sorts of posts mocking him, and you just became Exhibit A.

People are taking minor digs but I don’t see anybody being “mad” and I don’t see any venom towards him. My biggest problem with him is that people named Tanner are dicks usually.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad