TSN: Pearson traded to Pittsburgh

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
I'm sure someone has beaten me to it, but here goes.

I think you guys will like Hagelin. We did. Dude is fast, absolutely busts his butt and is a heck of a penalty killer. Is decent to solid in his own zone. Has an ability to generate off the forecheck. Can be a menace in the offensive zone when he's on his game.

Now for the negatives. Has horrible hands. Regularly flubs shots, sometimes missing the net by a hilarious margin. Sometimes has trouble accepting passes. Streaky player - has streaks where he looks great, then has streaks like he's had this year. Also, not a spring chicken at 30.

There, a brief, non-biased scout from a Pens fan!

Anyone willing to give me the same for Pearson? Can be brief. Thanks in advance!
pearson has a deceptively heavy shot (that he never uses)
good forechecker (when he feels like it)
doesn't generally commit penalties (except last game, but its a stretch calling that a penalty)
generally a good dude that's willing to take some abuse to help the team out

Reactions: ncm7772

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
not so much what he has done this year but his career. He was the first cup draft pick.

So what? You are gonna keep a non-productive player, making 4-mil/year because of sentimental reasons? Holy f***.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
So what? You are gonna keep a non-productive player, making 4-mil/year because of sentimental reasons? Holy ****.

Depends on if you're in the camp that thinks Anze Kopitar is actually a 30 point player and Drew Doughty a -40.

If not, then you can admit that this season is the aberration, that Tanner Pearson is a heart-and-soul 20-20 guy, and can wish him well without trashing him as if he's human garbage because he had a terrible start to the season like so many other Kings.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Depends on if you're in the camp that thinks Anze Kopitar is actually a 30 point player and Drew Doughty a -40.

If not, then you can admit that this season is the aberration, that Tanner Pearson is a heart-and-soul 20-20 guy, and can wish him well without trashing him as if he's human garbage because he had a terrible start to the season like so many other Kings.

I think Kopitar is a 65/70-point player, the Kings are a black hole team, and they should rebuild. As I said before, since this season is already over it would be a tragedy if the Kings suddenly decided to put forth some effort and denied the fans of a talented and exciting young player in the draft.

Who cares what the level of suckage is this season (other than the part about potentially getting the number 1 overall pick)? This core is rotten and isn't going to get into contention in the next few seasons. Let's not waste more time getting on with what needs to be done because Kopitar and the rest of the boys don't really suck as bad as it is reflected in the standings today.

Blake better clean house as much as he can at the deadline and start stockpiling assets. That way he will have them and be prepared for the opportunities that present themselves 3-5 years in the future.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I think Kopitar is a 65/70-point player, the Kings are a black hole team, and they should rebuild. As I said before, since this season is already over it would be a tragedy if the Kings suddenly decided to put forth some effort and denied the fans of a talented and exciting young player in the draft.

Who cares what the level of suckage is this season (other than the part about potentially getting the number 1 overall pick)? This core is rotten and isn't going to get into contention in the next few seasons. Let's not waste more time getting on with what needs to be done because Kopitar and the rest of the boys don't really suck as bad as it is reflected in the standings today.

Blake better clean house as much as he can at the deadline and start stockpiling assets. That way he will have them and be prepared for the opportunities that present themselves 3-5 years in the future.

hqdefault.jpg

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
So what? You are gonna keep a non-productive player, making 4-mil/year because of sentimental reasons? Holy ****.
Did I say that? you just so happened to cut off the part of my post where i said I get it. I am a fan which means I will be emotionally invested in the king's players, and so I don't see the issue with me saying it sucks he is gone. Not saying it's logical to keep him or that they didn't do the right thing just that I do not like it has come to it.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011

Pearson has been non-productive for a lot longer than just the 17 games this season. Let’s get real.

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
Hagelin was one of the last players I've would have wanted to don a Kings uni.

Dude is fast but all flash in the pants with absolutely zero finish.

AC7j.gif

Sounds like a simple fix, have him catch a pass right in front of the goalie at full speed. There's a 50/50 chance it will go in via his stick or from running the goalie :sarcasm:

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
March 19. That was the last time Tanner Pearson scored a goal.

Including the playoffs, Pearson has not recorded a goal in 30 consecutive games.

In those 30 games, Tanner Pearson has recorded 5 assists.

A productive player, he is not. Top six forward? Perhaps on a bad team.

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood

Including the playoffs, Pearson has not recorded a goal in 30 consecutive games.

this is a bad team, wasn't considered top 6 forward in the end.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Pearson has been non-productive for a lot longer than just the 17 games this season. Let’s get real.

His goal drought goes back to last year, no doubt. But are we going to pretend he didn't just put up three consecutive productive seasons on a low-production team and use his latest sample size as the illustration of his true abilities? What's the purpose of crapping on this guy? He was a good solider for us.

Looking forward to your responses when he returns to that production and more with Pitt.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
His goal drought goes back to last year, no doubt. But are we going to pretend he didn't just put up three consecutive productive seasons on a low-production team and use his latest sample size as the illustration of his true abilities? What's the purpose of crapping on this guy? He was a good solider for us.

Looking forward to your responses when he returns to that production and more with Pitt.

Remember when Lombardi and the lot of his lemmings would say stupid things about Mike Cammalleri and how he was only productive on a bad team (which Cammalleri proved to be a completely false statement).

Why can't we be critical of a 26-year-old player with 6 seasons under his belt making close to $4M?

And Cammalleri was the same age when he was dealt, except he held more value because he was actually a productive player in his 5 seasons with the Kings, unlike Tanner.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Remember when Lombardi and the lot of his lemmings would say stupid things about Mike Cammalleri and how he was only productive on a bad team (which Cammalleri proved to be a completely false statement).

Why can't we be critical of a 26-year-old player with 6 seasons under his belt making close to $4M?

And Cammalleri was the same age when he was dealt, except he held more value because he was actually a productive player in his 5 seasons with the Kings, unlike Tanner.

Being critical is saying this guy has 1 assist this season and we needed more, but he's obviously better than that.

Being dishonest is saying Tanner was unproductive as a whole and representing this season as symbolic of his whole career.

And being ironic is using Cammallerii and pointing out that he was unfairly ridden pretty hard while also doing the same to Pearson.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

It's not just Pearson....it's everyone.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Cammalleri was trashed while he was productive because the blowhard GM was trying to undervalue him in contract talks, and people thought of his words as the gospel.

Tanner is being thrown under the bus because his numbers don’t justify his contract, and he’s been a disappointment since signing it.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Cammalleri was trashed while he was productive because the blowhard GM was trying to undervalue him in contract talks, and people thought of his words as the gospel.

Tanner is being thrown under the bus because his numbers don’t justify his contract, and he’s been a disappointment since signing it.

Look up Jakob Silfverberg, Lars Eller, Boone Jenner--similar players on similar deals. It comps out damn near perfectly, especially given potential.

Unless you think 1 assist Tanner Pearson is who he is, which is what I take major issue with.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I have always like Pearson and thought he would surpass Toffoli in his overall performance and worth to the Kings. I honestly think he just hasn't been the same player since he broke his leg.

I was fine with the contract he signed at the time it was signed.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
I'm not crapping on Pearson but he is one of many who just stopped working. My personal opinion is he didnt have true skills of a top 6 but was above average in speed which he used to his advantage quite well.

He really hasnt been the same player since breaking his leg. With that said he should do well in Pitt with a more offensive talented team, but the kings did well to move him as hes just another non producing player in the top 6 here.

Pearson was not the problem, but definitely contributed to it. I hope Pearson kicks ass in Pitt.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I have always like Pearson and thought he would surpass Toffoli in his overall performance and worth to the Kings. I honestly think he just hasn't been the same player since he broke his leg.

I was fine with the contract he signed at the time it was signed.
Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t that the same leg he mangled in juniors ?
IMHO, he didn’t really regress as some say but rather after he broke his leg he lost his burst which allowed him to be so effective. TP will still be a 40-45pt guy. Oh but he could have been so much more, too bad that injury robbed him of his burst and his outstanding agility

Reactions: KINGS17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->