Peak Ovechkin vs. Peak Forsberg

Who was better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
simple question

Not so simple for me. If the question is who was the more prolific scorer, or more deserving for the HoF, or achieved (individually) the most relative to other players at the same position, then it's very clearly Ovi.

However if the question is... considering their peak achievements, who do you choose as a foundation for a new franchise? I definitely take the two-way, playmaking C, who made everyone around him better. Wondering from the voting whether the passage of time (or age of posters) has made people forget Forsberg, but he was essentially a faster Thorton.

To me, Ovi is probably the best, or 2nd best (peak) winger of all time. But Forsberg probably still breaks the top-10 for C's and my answer reflects a bias for C's given their importance to a team.

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
Ovechkin lowest goal scoring total in 14 years is 32. Forsberg's high was 30. Yeah, there is more than just scoring goals but this isn't a worthy comparison. Maybe peak Forsberg vs. peak Toews, Kopitar, Bergeron, Giroux or something if you want to put him up against a current, established player.

My Best-Carey

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Forsberg, IMO, wasn't even the best player on his team (that would be Sakic).
Ovechkin is the second best player of his generation, only behind Crosby.

So yeah, Ovechkin hands down.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Forsberg, IMO, wasn't even the best player on his team (that would be Sakic).
Ovechkin is the second best player of his generation, only behind Crosby.

So yeah, Ovechkin hands down.

You are of course perfectly entitled to your opinion, but regarding that point there was something resembling a consensus for Forsberg at his best being the best player in the world. And this is about that peak only, his Hart-winning year Sakic got zero votes.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
It's Ovechkin. That said I would pick Forsberg starting a team, injuries not accounted for obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad