peak Jagr vs McDavid now

More dominant player of the two?

• Total voters

C4R105

Nov 9, 2014
Thank you all for replies. How do you see it if we completely ignore stats. On eye test alone, who was more scary to watch, more dangerous, more "visible" on the ice. McDavid with his disgusting speed and skill, or Jagr with his monstrous body? Lets assume both are even from statistical standpoint.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Thank you all for replies. How do you see it if we completely ignore stats. On eye test alone, who was more scary to watch, more dangerous, more "visible" on the ice. McDavid with his disgusting speed and skill, or Jagr with his monstrous body? Lets assume both are even from statistical standpoint.

Judging from a strictly eye test perspective McDavid is the best player I've seen, not just from his speed and stickhandling ability, but his vision, passing ability and anticipation is as good as it gets. I've never seen a player so consistently be an offensive threat as him.

Reactions: Future GOAT

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
I’m very curisous to see how Mcdavid adjusts if his speed leaves him in a couple more years.

I fixed the post, I think you mean IF his speed leaves him.

It’s alright though, he also thinks the game at a high speed and that won’t go away anytime soon.

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Judging from a strictly eye test perspective McDavid is the best player I've seen, not just from his speed and stickhandling ability, but his vision, passing ability and anticipation is as good as it gets. I've never seen a player so consistently be an offensive threat as him.

Better than Lindros from an eye test perspective?

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Jagr was the full package. McDavid likely loses his edge once his wheels go. McDavid is better NOW, but won't be in the long run in my opinion.

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
I agree with this assessment. Especially the anticipation. We can all see he has the hands and vision, but his ability to see several plays ahead rivals the greats. This is one of the major reasons why he is such a consistent point scorer and has had so few pointless games.

Reactions: authentic

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
He has a great iq. But he’s not Gretzky out there. His physical gifts like speed is what sets him apart

Would you say Crosby's IQ is nothing special? I could say Crosby's lower body strength, puck protection, hand-eye, edgework, stickhandling, and the list goes on and on is what sets him apart. He thinks the game at an extremely high and fast level just like Crosby.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Would you say Crosby's IQ is nothing special? I could say Crosby's lower body strength, puck protection, hand-eye, edgework, stickhandling, and the list goes on and on is what sets him apart. He thinks the game at an extremely high and fast level just like Crosby.
Crosby has a better iq than Mcdavid. However Crosby is much more seasonsed at this point

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Mcdavid. The numbers he’s putting up with in this era is unreal
What’s unreal? He put up 108 points last season while the second and third leading scorers had 102 and 100 respectively

Mcdavid did not take the art ross lead until late only until after his team was eliminated from playoff contention and they literally had nothing left to play for. They have admitted it as well. I’m not fooled by this at all. Great player but let’s see what becomes of him in the playoffs... Crosby has 48 points in his last 36 playoff games 1.34 ppg which is an 109 point pace with back to back 20+ point playoff runs while Mcdavid has 9 points in his 13 playoff games.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Obviously his opinion is far from the consensus if you look at the polls results and other comments. Your post kind of substantiates what @JackSlater was saying, however.

You are right. Reasonably questioning a claim that you and the vast majority agree with in a McDavid vs. Jagr thread completely reeks of Crosby bias.

Thank you for showing me the light.

Tell you what, you and JackSlater can report my posts to the mods as being inappropriate or you can ignore my posts. Take your pick.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Crosby has a better iq than Mcdavid. However Crosby is much more seasonsed at this point

I don't think Crosby's anticipation or vision of the game is any better from my viewings, but I wouldn't totally doubt if it was by the slimmest of margins.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
What’s unreal? He put up 108 points last season while the second and third leading scorers had 102 and 100 respectively

Mcdavid did not take the art ross lead until late only until after his team was eliminated from playoff contention and they literally had nothing left to play for. They have admitted it as well. I’m not fooled by this at all. Great player but let’s see what becomes of him in the playoffs... Crosby has 48 points in his last 36 playoff games 1.34 ppg which is an 109 point pace with back to back 20+ point playoff runs while Mcdavid has 9 points in his 13 playoff games.

I'm pretty sure he played sick for all of November last season which also happened to be statistically his worst month so we'll see what he does this year.

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
I think peak Jagr is well above the current level of McDavid. Jagr took several years before he dominated scoring though, so I'd say McDavid is easily up to this point (first three years).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad