Peak Forsberg vs. 2016-17-current McDavid

Who's better

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bathdog

Oct 27, 2016
Forsberg, may obviousbly become McDavid at some point in the future, but it certainly isn't yet

Reactions: authentic

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
Mr.Intangibles can pass the torch of "the most overrated player" in the game to Mr. McDavid. How can be this serious question seriously...

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
peak forsberg was putting up 100+pts and was one of the best 2 way forward in the league.
should win handily

bathdog

Oct 27, 2016
Wait.... what?

Peter Forsberg may become McDavid at some point?

Meant to put period, put comma by mistake. I was attempting to say the answer to the question may be McDavid in the future.

He was also 22 in his 2nd season not 19

And it was also tougher to make the transition for a non-NA player back then.

But we're not comparing sophomore's anyway. This is an exceptionally bad comparison for McDavid at this point, because where he excels was Forsberg's bread and butter (obviously different stylistically).

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Forsberg had 116pt then led his team to the cup in his 2nd season

I'm sure Sakic, Roy, etc had nothing to do with that cup. Forsberg is great and I voted for him here, but I don't get why some people use cups as an argument when one guy played on a no cap team stacked with HOFers (upper tier HOFers here) and the other plays with Maroon and RNH in a cap league.

Reactions: Future GOAT

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
This is a better poll than the McDavid/Bure poll since both are centers. Until McDavid can prove he can produce in the playoffs against top notch shutdown Selke opposition, Forsberg will always have a certain type of advantage.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Until McDavid separates himself offensively from Forsberg (they are about the same) to make up for the difference in physicality/2-way play and proves he can produce at a top level in the playoffs, this is Forsberg.

Reactions: Mbraunm

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
Forsberg. I mean who knows in the future? But they are somewhat even in regular season point-producing. Add better defensive game and the massive play-off resumé of Forsberg and it's clearly him for the moment.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Mr.Intangibles can pass the torch of "the most overrated player" in the game to Mr. McDavid. How can be this serious question seriously...

I was curious if HF believed it was close but good to see it's not really. I personally don't but anyone who voted McDavid is truly naive as to how good Forsberg was. Like how can you vote for a guy who has 9 points in 13 playoff games versus the best playoff player of his generation who never had a playoff run that bad in his career, and also has the scoring title, MVP and better defensive game and physical play to go with it? There must be some projection going on there, and even then I would say it's far from a given that McDavid ends up the better player.

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
I was curious if HF believed it was close but good to see it's not really. I personally don't but anyone who voted McDavid is truly naive as to how good Forsberg was. Like how can you vote for a guy who has 9 points in 13 playoff games versus the best playoff player of his generation who never had a playoff run that bad in his career, and also has the scoring title, MVP and better defensive game and physical play to go with it? There must be some projection going on there, and even then I would say it's far from a given that McDavid ends up the better player.

Exactly. Forget even play-offs. Just regular seasons alone. With play-offs it is not fair. The question states PEAK Forsberg vs CURRENT McDavid. Yet some people instead of reading the question and the poll, making projections of how good McDavid can be. As of now it is Peak Forsberg and it is not close.

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
Peak Forsberg was just on another level. We shall see if Connor can get even close, it's possible of course, but Forsberg had more tools overall.

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
So Forsberg > McDavid.. and I mean I agree at this point.. but Gretzky, who was competitive with Forsberg in the seasons right before his retirement, would be lucky to score 50 points in today's NHL that is full of super strong super fast super heroes.

Never change hfboards. These polls are amazing.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
So Forsberg > McDavid.. and I mean I agree at this point.. but Gretzky, who was competitive with Forsberg in the seasons right before his retirement, would be lucky to score 50 points in today's NHL that is full of super strong super fast super heroes.

Never change hfboards. These polls are amazing.

Odd, this poll has literally nothing to do with Gretzky? When was the last time Gretzky lost a poll to any current player anyway...I don't get this post.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->