Peak Forsberg and Jagr vs. Peak Crosby and Malkin

????

• Total voters

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
Lol your team will win 0 championships with jagr driving the ship. While Crosby has won 2 cups while being mvp and one international tournament being mvp and the other scoring the OT winner
Crosby would have 0 cups without Malkin and Kessel with an entire elite Canadian team surrounding him, steering the ship in the right direction. Stop praising Crosby individually for team success while putting down Jagr because he didn’t “drive them by himself.”

Crosby hasn’t won any championship alone and hasn’t been head and shoulders above his own teammates. He wasn’t even their best forward on team Canada, probably not even second best..Malkin was clearly the better of the two in ‘09, his Smythe in 2016 is highly controversial with him playing mediocre for certain rounds, but his status won voters over...while his ‘17 Smythe was deserving, Malkin still lead the team in points and goals. Crosby isn’t this one man show driving his team to glory, he had plenty of help, and more than Jagr ever did once Lemieux left.

Put Crosby on the Pens from ‘94-‘00, they don’t have any championships. Put Jagr on any Pens team from ‘14-‘17, they still have just as great a chance winning.

Last edited:

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Crosby would have 0 cups without Malkin and Kessel with an entire elite Canadian team surrounding him, steering the ship in the right direction. Stop praising Crosby individually for team success while putting down Jagr because he didn’t “drive them by himself.”

Crosby hasn’t won any championship alone and hasn’t been head and shoulders above his own teammates. He wasn’t even their best forward on team Canada, probably not even second best..Malkin was clearly the better of the two in ‘09, his Smythe in 2016 is highly controversial with him playing mediocre for certain rounds, but his two won voters over...while his ‘17 Smythe was deserving, Malkin still lead the team in points and goals. Crosby isn’t this one man show driving his team to glory, he had plenty of help, and more than Jagr ever did once Lemieux left.

Put Crosby on the Pens from ‘94-‘00, they don’t have any championships. Put Jagr on any Pens team from ‘14-‘17, they still have just as great a chance winning.
couldn't have said it any better. no one wins a title alone. so idk why we're hating on Jagr

Reactions: GreatGonzo

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
couldn't have said it any better. no one wins a title alone. so idk why we're hating on Jagr
Because people like him hold Jagr, among others to different standards while being completely flexible with whatever Crosby does. That’s just the way it is. Jagr won’t ever get the respect he deserves from this new generation of fans. It’s become the cool thing to hate Jagr, some with Forsberg. Whatever bitterness was there years ago between the two, gets re-talked about and put on the forefront. While Crosby remains the perfect being and player who has never done anything wrong.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
i was referring to his “wins” on Team Canada, as if it was some sort of monumental achievement. a monkey could win on that team

A monkey that could score two Gold Medal game goals?

A monkey maybe would have been a good addition to those dramatically underachieving Russian teams.

Reactions: sanscosm

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario

A monkey maybe would have been a good addition to those dramatically underachieving Russian teams.
Crosby was literally non-existent up until the golden goal (i’m talking about the entire tournament). literally non existent. give him all the credit in the world for scoring it, but does it excuse his “performance” prior to it?

we have never seen a team top-to-bottom as elite as Team Canada. All the offense in the world couldn’t save the god-awful Russian defense and goaltending (although i agree OV has played like trash internationally). great top-6, then a huge drop off in talent. i think some came from the KHL while Team Canada has all NHL-caliber players.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Crosby was literally non-existent up until the golden goal (i’m talking about the entire tournament). literally non existent. give him all the credit in the world for scoring it, but does it excuse his “performance” prior to it?

we have never seen a team top-to-bottom as elite as Team Canada. All the offense in the world couldn’t save the god-awful Russian defense and goaltending (although i agree OV has played like trash internationally). great top-6, then a huge drop off in talent. i think some came from the KHL while Team Canada has all NHL-caliber players.

You literally do not know the definition of "literally".

Looking at Canada's three Best on Best wins as a whole, Crosby was the best player. No surprise there.

Last edited:

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank

Looking at Canada's three Best on Best wins as a whole, Crosby was the best player. No surprise there.
Why didn’t Crosby win best forward he was their best player? You make it sound so concrete and non arguable. Unless your going to whine about some robbery of some sort.
And playing on the most top heavy team in recent history too .....
Which team? ‘09? That was a freak year and he gets all the credit he deserves, other than being their best player that post season.

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank

Underachieving? Are you suggesting Russia should have been better against Canada? As in team Canada? As in the most lethal mix of talent in the world? Sure Daver, sure......

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario

of course i do, i’m just i using it for more emphasis

what’s a best on best win?

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Not sure how OV has been brought into this but he has made an Olympic AST while Crosby has been pretty bad in both Olympics. Yeah he was great in the world cup but that thing was just a joke.

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
Olympics and World Cup.
Not really “best on best” when a majority of the best players belong to one team. Who else was on those Russian teams other than Ovechkin and Malkin? I’ll wait....

Weird how Crosby himself didn’t even make the Olympic All star team both those years, and yet you continue to push this idea that he was the best player out of everyone. Hell, even his future teammate, Kessel, won Olympic forward MVP in ‘14 over Sidney Crosby and his 1 goal and 3 assists. Weird right?

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Not really “best on best” when a majority of the best players belong to one team. Who else was on those Russian teams other than Ovechkin and Malkin? I’ll wait....

Weird how Crosby himself didn’t even make the Olympic All star team both those years, and yet you continue to push this idea that he was the best player out of everyone. Hell, even his future teammate, Kessel, won Olympic forward MVP in ‘14 over Sidney Crosby and his 1 goal and 3 assists. Weird right?
I didn't even know that. Even a bigger blow to this argument hahaha

Reactions: GreatGonzo

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
I didn't even know that. Even a bigger blow to this argument hahaha
Oh ya, it’s pretty bizarre considering how much Daver is hyping him up as Canadians best player. Even Jagr has a World Championship best forward award AND most valuable player award, as a Czech player too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad