GDT: PDSF/WCQF Game 4 @ Kings (VGK leads series 3-0)

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
LA has no depth at all. Three stars, a couple good players, and then AHL call ups. San Jose is the same thing and they are up 3-0 vs Anaheim.

Trying not to get anymore excited than I am, but here we are. Depth wins series, and Vegas has arguably the best depth in the league.

And yes, I was running around the house with a broom brushing my dogs, walls, and even wife before I got beat up for that.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
LA has no depth at all. Three stars, a couple good players, and then AHL call ups. San Jose is the same thing and they are up 3-0 vs Anaheim.

Trying not to get anymore excited than I am, but here we are. Depth wins series, and Vegas has arguably the best depth in the league.

And yes, I was running around the house with a broom brushing my dogs, walls, and even wife before I got beat up for that.

Slow down there. Sharks are a lot better than the Kings depth wise and have few AHL call ups. Far superior team at the moment than the Kings, no injuries other than Thornton who they have basically learned to live without anyways. Sharks have a slightly better D corps, Knights have the better 3rd and 4th lines. We'll see how it plays out, should be a great matchup.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Slow down there. Sharks are a lot better than the Kings depth wise and have few AHL call ups. Far superior team at the moment than the Kings, no injuries other than Thornton who they have basically learned to live without anyways. Sharks have a slightly better D corps, Knights have the better 3rd and 4th lines. We'll see how it plays out, should be a great matchup.

I think the sharks dmen are better offensively, but I've seen them look awful defensively. I expect to see some 4-3 or 3-2 scores in the next round if they play the sharks.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I still can't get over winning the first series, a sweep or a 7-game thriller it didn't matter, just win a series to build on the legend of these Golden Knights. I still expect nothing more from them, but wouldn't mind being surprised for another month or two...
Yeah to be honest, just winning the division was incredible. Everything else is just sweet dessert. I'll eat till I'm full but I wouldn't mind if we ran out one bit.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Congratulations, Vegas.

It hurts a lot as a Kings fan. I'm depressed (and dealing with a kidney stone for over a month, so everything sucks).

But it was a well deserved win in the series.

See you next season.
Honestly, I know it's tough to see positives but trust me when I say this Knights team is absolutely capable of running teams over with their speedy offense but LA's defensive system kept the high quality scoring chances down. You guys absolutely still have that going for you. They just need to figure out how to galvanize the offense.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
4e054c40566804c0e9abaa9d6905c051--king-aerys-jaime-lannister.jpg

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Just got home from work & watched the highlights. Looks like I missed another tense game. Fleury made some unreal saves!

Great passing play by the top line to score the series winner! This team is way more dangerous with Reilly back in the lineup. We really missed his playmaking down the stretch.

What a great feeling to sweep those cheap shot bastards. The Kongs can now look forward to talking trash on the golf course while we forge ahead to Round 2. Let's all root for the Ducks to make a miracle comeback & push their series to 7 Games! :laugh:

GO! :vegas GO!

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

If MAF keeps calm and does his thing, I feel good about this matchup. We did run them 3-1 in regular season, and we just swept the team with the least GA in the league.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Just got home from work & watched the highlights. Looks like I missed another tense game. Fleury made some unreal saves!

Great passing play by the top line to score the series winner! This team is way more dangerous with Reilly back in the lineup. We really missed his playmaking down the stretch.

What a great feeling to sweep those cheap shot bastards. The Kongs can now look forward to talking trash on the golf course while we forge ahead to Round 2. Let's all root for the Ducks to make a miracle comeback & push their series to 7 Games! :laugh:

GO! :vegas GO!

I don't know, I always fear loss of momentum when a team waits much longer to play in the next round. I like the way this has shaped up. Now if we can serve up the Sharks in 5 or 6, I like it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->