PDO themed Avatars

Should we make PDO Avatars?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MontrealCanuck

Jan 23, 2024
I find this idea funny and there seems to be no movement on it so I've broken my decade plus of lurking to do a mock up. Thoughts?
CanucksAvatarMockUp.gif

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Yo LD. I opened a browser that I wasn't logged on in and tried to save the GIF you posted in the thread. Which worked. It downloaded as a gif file. But it still says "image file needs to be valid" when I try to upload/attach it

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
Yo LD. I opened a browser that I wasn't logged on in and tried to save the GIF you posted in the thread. Which worked. It downloaded as a gif file. But it still says "image file needs to be valid" when I try to upload/attach it
Its probably because you were logged in and it downloaded as a .webp file instead of a .gif.
you can convert a .webp back to a .gif at ezgif.com OR
make you sure you are logged off then right click to save it.
1706292628813.png

1706292643116.png

it will generate a stupid name (a UUID?) but at least it will be a .gif.
make sure you right click to download and don't open it in another tab. doing that will just make a jpeg.
not sure any other way to make these gif's post on hfboards now as gids. doubt they allow gifs to be attached.

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
I'll give it a shot
update - it didn't seem to work at first with the raw gif and the stupid numbered name.
I ended up naming it pdoblues.gif and that got it to work.

sorry - not sure why all the headaches with the avatars now with the new boards. not sure why it generates webp files then doesn't allow you to upload them.

if you still have issues, send me a private message and I'll send you it directly.

Also WebP to GIF converter can convert the webp's gif.

Last edited:

bh53

Sep 18, 2017
Victoria
  • Love
Reactions: LuckyDay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad