GDT: PDF/WCSF Sharks (3) vs Golden Knights (1) Round 2 GAME TWO 5pm NBC

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
We got outplayed and lost, just get it together for game 3. The GI wasn't blatant but he interfered with a goalie who was in the crease that directly led to the goal. Can't complain about the call.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Meh the big thing is now people can stop saying that the NHL is fixing the games so that Vegas wins lol....I thought the Sharks really played their style tonight, but it was a pretty even game...both are good teams and both deserved the win

Carogan

Apr 29, 2018
Boys and girls in Vegas, tough loss tonite. Love your team and as an impartial fan I'm rooting for your team this series.

Canuck fan for 40 years (yeah...glutton for punishment) so trust me when I say that I feel for you guys tonight. However I'm going to give you all a little knowledge that I want to take to heart - otherwise you will let this game eat you up.

When it comes to officiating in the regular season a penalty is a penalty no matter what time of the game it occurs in, nor the circumstance.

But we all need to realize that when it comes to the playoffs the rules of play are a completely different animal. You need to know this - the referees will NEVER give a team a win in the playoffs - ever. When it comes to a 50-50 call on a goal you can be rest assured that the goal will almost never be allowed. If the opposition team goes into the penalty box you can almost be assured that the referees will even it up as soon as humanly possible by either negating the power play, or giving the opponents a power play shortly thereafter.

The only penalties that will be called are obvious penalties where if the official misses it he would be badly criticized and thus can't avoid calling it. Otherwise there's a saying "the whistles go into the pockets" especially as the playoffs go deeper and the later in the game it is. And if lady luck is on your side and your team advances into the next round or heaven forbid into the finals, you're going to be witness to unimaginable hacking and slashing and crosschecks and you're going to find it incredulous that the referees seem to miss most of them.

This is all by design. The league does not want to give a team a win in the playoffs. If a team is going to win a game, a series, or the cup they must TAKE it and there be no question they deserve it.

As soon as there was any question that there might be goalie interference in OT there was no way that goal was going to be allowed.

We as fans have all been where you are tonite (believe me...Canucks fans know) and it can be such a hateful place to be. But from many respects this is also why we as long time hockey fans love this game too. The team that wins the cup has to punch, kick, bite, claw, kill or die to earn it. I'm sure some of you were exhausted just watching this game tonite - you're only into game 2 of the 2nd round. Just wait until you get 2 months into playoff hockey and see how exhausted you are - and you aren't even playing. These players are going to war - and for your boys there just getting into it now - and there's still a looooooong way to go yet, especially if they're going to win it.

These kids are going to break their fingers, lose their teeth, suffer incredible pain and be exhausted physically and mentally if they manage to delve past this 2nd round. Its a war of attrition and its supposed to be that way. Right now it may have seemed easy with 5 wins in a row until tonite. I promise you it won't be. And I can also promise you that if you guys do end up ever winning the cup you wouldn't want it any other way either.

Keep your chins up boys and girls. You're only at game 3...your team needs to go into enemy territory and win at least one of two and get home ice advantage back!!! Positive vibes!!

Go KNIGHTS!!!!!

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Sharks didn't get called for interference all game long. The Marchy Vlasic fight was because he was held up and got fed up with it.

They just can't get caught up in the sharks bs. Just play your speed game and stop with the long passes when it's being cut off and carry the puck into the zone more often.

The dmen also need to drop more clappers instead of these weak wristers that the sharks don't mind blocking. If they want to block shots then make them pay for it.

This was a frustrating game as VGK got up 2-0 then started to fall for the head games and gave up a lot of stupid penalties.

D-corps all made some bad plays. Schmidt didn't pick up Burns on the wrap around. Merrill, Shea, and Merrill had some bad turnovers.

Most importantly, just play their game and make adjustments quicker. I felt that the 2nd period adjustments that usually get made after a not so good 1st periord where we we're lucky to be up saw no adjustments.

If Tatar played better I'd want to bench Perron, but it won't happen. I'm not sure which line I like Perron on right now.

Reactions: VegasKnightlife

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Yeah, they gooned it up and the Knights bit. The GI was borderline. I think that Jones oversold it a bit. Now, every time a goalie gets touched, he can give up on the play and whatever happens, challenge it!

That was the worst part of the GI for me. Marche makes minor contact with the stick and it seems like Dillon was the one who knocked Jones off balance with his skate, but Jones sold the shit out of that. He didn't even attempt to get up and get back in the net.

Overall not too worried. Couldn't buy a call (odd considering that's all they do :sarcasm:) and played extremely undisciplined and still had all the chances in the world to win. Just stay out of the damn box and they'll be fine.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Can't win them all.... but it doesn't say alot for San Jose, that we play like garbage... take a million and one stupid stupid penalties get a goal taken back on a BS interference call and they only win by 1.

Perron needs a punch in the face.... so much unneccessarry shit he got away with, and this team needs to go into game 3 and play their game and not play brain dead undisciplined hockey.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Can't win them all.... but it doesn't say alot for San Jose, that we play like garbage... take a million and one stupid stupid penalties get a goal taken back on a BS interference call and they only win by 1.

Perron needs a punch in the face.... so much unneccessarry **** he got away with, and this team needs to go into game 3 and play their game and not play brain dead undisciplined hockey.

You really think the Sharks got all those shots and couldnt generate a lot of pressure was because the Knights just played poorly? We must have been watching a different game. Sharks were better on the forecheck and didn't give much open ice in the neutral zone. Knights will have to deal with that going forward, that's playoff hockey for you.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
You really think the Sharks got all those shots and couldnt generate a lot of pressure was because the Knights just played poorly? We must have been watching a different game. Sharks were better on the forecheck and didn't give much open ice in the neutral zone. Knights will have to deal with that going forward, that's playoff hockey for you.
Not saying San Jose didn't play well but there is no doubt that we played like garbarge, too many turnovers, too loose in the defensive end, passing was bad, breakout was bad... I really can't think of anything that we actually did well.... well except take dumb penalites we really really really did well at that. This wasn't a game where we played a good or even great game but San Jose was better this was a game where San Jose played well and we played like horse shit, we probably should have been blown out but we got lucky.... and then royally screwed over on the GI call.... not saying it wasn't goalie interference it was a 50/50 call..... and that's not conclusive the call on the ice should have stood.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad