PDB Building Strong 3&4 Lines @ Expense of 1&2?

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
I don't get that coach. It does seem his strategy is to do just that, but if so it's not working. Sharks probably have the best 3rd and 4th lines in the NHL. This seems to leave the 1st and 2nd lines more exposed though.

Look at it this way, the Sharks finally have a 40 points player as a result of the last game. That is Brent Burns, a defender.

This seems to be the Las Vegas strategy as they don't have a 40+ points player, and neither does Nashville. But teams that roll their strength in the 1st and 2nd lines, and play their 3rd and 4th strategy differently, are in first place across the divisions.

I don't think Jones, Dell, or Vlasic is this bad. What is bad is Pete Deboer. He's funged up a very good team with his weird coaching crap.

Vlasic is -16 while Burns is +4, who would have ever predicted that at the start of the season? I know I wouldn't.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
I am pretty sure we add a top-6 playmaker at the TDL. So that might explain some of it.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
I don't get that coach. It does seem his strategy is to do just that, but if so it's not working. Sharks probably have the best 3rd and 4th lines in the NHL. This seems to leave the 1st and 2nd lines more exposed though.

Look at it this way, the Sharks finally have a 40 points player as a result of the last game. That is Brent Burns, a defender.

This seems to be the Las Vegas strategy as they don't have a 40+ points player, and neither does Nashville. But teams that roll their strength in the 1st and 2nd lines, and play their 3rd and 4th strategy differently, are in first place across the divisions.

I don't think Jones, Dell, or Vlasic is this bad. What is bad is Pete Deboer. He's funged up a very good team with his weird coaching crap.

Vlasic is -16 while Burns is +4, who would have ever predicted that at the start of the season? I know I wouldn't.
I like the lines and the strength thru out. Prefer having Lebanc or Donskoi on the 4th.

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
Gonna be tough to acquire a top 6 forward with zero draft picks. I see us going after a 4th line center to improve on Goodrow. Not saying that's what I want, but believe it is most realistic.

68 Z-28

Jul 10, 2007
Under the Tank
I'm not that upset at the 3/4 lines being strong. Routinely in the playoffs the top line(s) will get shut down and then the team sinks because the 3rd or 4th couldn't shoulder the weight. This will at least give them more of a fighting chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad