WJC: pckstpr31's inaugural WJ pool - pool done -

Backhandshelf81

Jun 14, 2013
Alright so Keller (59) for sure, and potential for Guryanov (50), Pastrnak (53), and Masin (69). Anyone else?

I'm not sure what's going on with Sweden's Defence and may not be around the next couple days to find out, so can I change Andreas Englund to Brandon Hickey? Thanks.

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
^ Is Englund not on the final roster? Also, seems like Masin is okay, but Pyrochta was cut, so essence of phoenix will need a replacement d-man. As of now it's :

Possibility that Gustav Forsling will be replaced due to injury
Scorevat53 (50) Denis Guryanov, replaced by Juho Lammiko
Decision on Pastrnak (53) apparently coming tomorrow
WJZ3 (59) Clayton Keller, needs replacement
essence of phoenix (85) Filip Pyrochta, needs replacement

Last edited:

Backhandshelf81

Jun 14, 2013
^ Is Englund not on the final roster? Also, seems like Masin is okay, but Pyrochta has not, so essence of phoenix will need a replacement d-man. As of now it's :

Scorevat53 (50) Denis Guryanov, replaced by Juho Lammiko
Decision on Pastrnak (53) apparently coming tomorrow
WJZ3 (59) Clayton Keller, needs replacement
essence of phoenix (85) Filip Pyrochta, needs replacement

I'm not sure if he is or not. Can I change the pick to Hickey since Canada is already finalized

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
Looks as though Englund has been given the C, so he will be on the team. It's Forsling who is questionable. I don't want to allow any replacement picks for players that are healthy, in case someone who needs to choose a new d-man due to circumstance wants to select said player, in this case Hickey. Hopefully that's understandable. If others don't agree with that then we can look more into it.

Scorevat53

Sep 16, 2015
Manitoba
So Should i take a replacement defense? Just in case? Or can i hold on to Forsling until I Know forsure
Because i did take him 11th ovr..or something around there

Scorevat53

Sep 16, 2015
Manitoba
Goodluck to everyone. It seems that i have no chance if both Forsling and Kempe are out lol

(Kempe just left with what looks like concussion)

AKA my top 2 picks

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
Updated with day 1 stats. What would you guys prefer to do when an injury occurs? Should replacement players be allowed?

Backhandshelf81

Jun 14, 2013
Updated with day 1 stats. What would you guys prefer to do when an injury occurs? Should replacement players be allowed?

I like this rule from the other pool I'm in on here (hoc123):
You can drop any player on your team for another player as long as the team your player is on is still in the tournament "prevents people from swapping a player from an eliminated team to an team still in the tournament".

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
Sorry for the sporadic updates guys, but we have a winner. Backhandshelf81 edged out Emerz 53-51 to win the pool! Congrats. Thanks to everyone who participated, I definitely learned a thing or two about the effort it takes to keep up with running a pool. Apparently I didn't learn how to pick a winning team though :laugh:

Backhandshelf81

Jun 14, 2013
Sorry for the sporadic updates guys, but we have a winner. Backhandshelf81 edged out Emerz 53-51 to win the pool! Congrats. Thanks to everyone who participated, I definitely learned a thing or two about the effort it takes to keep up with running a pool. Apparently I didn't learn how to pick a winning team though :laugh:

Thanks for the final update pckstpr, and a well-run pool! Much appreciated.

I am pleasantly surprised to see my team won, thought losing Nylander would be too much but got a really good tourney from Aho :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad