OT - NO POLITICS PBS to the rescue - Charlie Brown specials will be on TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Wrap it inside and out with trash bag. Works real good.
I'll try that inside along with a new cover BMC recommended. I unfortunately can't do anything outside because it is an apartment complex.

What I really need is new windows and that isn't happening.

It is a good thing my rent includes heat because I had to blast it at 75 yesterday. Of course today I have the windows open because it is going to be 60 degrees

Reactions: BMC

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Big time restrictions are back on the Island, had to happen, far too many acting like this virus is done and over with here, my opinion stands, still think we are starting at a full lockdown right in the eyes in short order

All in person AA meetings now cancelled too which is terrible, as we now have online Zoom meetings, it`s not the same if your someone who is seeking change and rather than make face to face contact are now forced to attend via zoom

B.C. brings in mask order, province-wide restrictions on travel, gatherings

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I'll try that inside along with a new cover BMC recommended. I unfortunately can't do anything outside because it is an apartment complex.

What I really need is new windows and that isn't happening.

It is a good thing my rent includes heat because I had to blast it at 75 yesterday. Of course today I have the windows open because it is going to be 60 degrees
frost king also has some window film kits that could work.

Reactions: Alicat

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
frost king also has some window film kits that could work.

I used those window film kits in an apartment I rented for college, but Duck brand. They worked surprisingly well for the cost

EDIT: I should mention this was a run down ghetto apartment with ancient trash windows. I wouldn't bother using it on anything remotely new.

Reactions: LSCII

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
5 minutes to open Jesus I thought I was gonna be first
BBE7018A-26D9-4F26-8C77-BE6BBFB59D4F.jpeg

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
He was hilarious but beneath all the fun he was a brilliant pianist. I bet he got a lot of people to take a closer listen to classical music.

@BMC - When I was young my parents took me to the Pops and it turned out Jack Benny was an excellent violinist when he wanted to be.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Big time restrictions are back on the Island, had to happen, far too many acting like this virus is done and over with here, my opinion stands, still think we are starting at a full lockdown right in the eyes in short order

All in person AA meetings now cancelled too which is terrible, as we now have online Zoom meetings, it`s not the same if your someone who is seeking change and rather than make face to face contact are now forced to attend via zoom

B.C. brings in mask order, province-wide restrictions on travel, gatherings

It has even reached as far north as you can be in Canada

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/nunavut-covid-outbreak-update-arviat-whale-cove-1.5805485

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I'm surprised I don't remember the Lawrence Welk episode, that was mandatory viewing at my grandmother's every Sunday night.

A few years ago I went to the Paley Center in LA and was able to get a copy of when my parents DANCED on the Welk show in the early '60s.

When I first worked at Channel 9 in Manchester we always drove viewers crazy by increasing the volume of the bubble popping to as high as we could go. :rolleyes:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
A few years ago I went to the Paley Center in LA and was able to get a copy of when my parents DANCED on the Welk show in the early '60s.

When I first worked at Channel 9 in Manchester we always drove viewers crazy by increasing the volume of the bubble popping to as high as we could go. :rolleyes:

Oh wow that's so cool about your parents!

Reactions: Fenway

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

I think I have one of my dad's vinyl Lawrence Welk albums in my apartment...I need to check.

Tiny bubbles....

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
After speaking with an HVAC friend of mine, whom has an HVAC brother, and then relaying all of this info onto my father who relayed this information onto an HVAC friend of his AND a plumber friend of his...I have decided to replace the circulator pump off my furnace.

It's a little bit of a shot in the dark, but it's a fairly cheap shot in the dark compared to any other repairs or paying someone to troubleshoot/repair.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
because I dont know squat....
Will those games play on PS5 console?

I really don’t know much either but would assume so, otherwise they’d need to pump out a ton of new material to make the investment worth it

I think my PS4 has a button saying update the system to PS5 specs. IDK but there is a new big PS5 button on it.

I personally am waiting until the PS5 has all bugs and glitches worked out and it has more playable titles. I think NHL 21 being $34 now when it just released at the beginning of the month is enticing. Same with a few other games.

Would also love to get the new Star Wars game but I didnt even finish the last 2. I have a tendency to get stuck in open world and mission games and not coming back

Reactions: Gee Wally

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I think my PS4 has a button saying update the system to PS5 specs. IDK but there is a new big PS5 button on it.

I personally am waiting until the PS5 has all bugs and glitches worked out and it has more playable titles. I think NHL 21 being $34 now when it just released at the beginning of the month is enticing. Same with a few other games.

Would also love to get the new Star Wars game but I didnt even finish the last 2. I have a tendency to get stuck in open world and mission games and not coming back

Thanks.
Just asking because I was able to get a PS5 for my son for Xmas.

Reactions: Fenway
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad