Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

:cry:
Good boy, Sjaak. You did your job.

I hope the guy that shot him goes away for a long, long time.

Glad the officer is okay.

Run over the rainbow bridge Sjaak, your time here is through. :cry:

Some local departments here in CT have K9 units and citizens often raise funds for canine bulletproof vests as the departments do not provide them (they have all they can do to properly equip the officers with them). They're expensive and of course the larger the dog the more they cost. IIRC a vest for an 80 pound dog is about $1000 bucks.

Reactions: eightspokedb

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
nope. 80 gal gas water heater. That’s working fine, the ac will work fine, but the heat short cycles. I’m still leaning toward it being an air flow issue within the flue, or a temp sensor shut off of sorts.
good luck. im not too familiar with gas.
you mentioned someone saying the tstat being an issue?
might be worth it to install a cheap tstat to see if that fixes the problem. if not just return it.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
good luck. im not too familiar with gas.
you mentioned someone saying the tstat being an issue?
might be worth it to install a cheap tstat to see if that fixes the problem. if not just return it.

I have an old $10 Honeywell unit that I’m gonna try today. I can’t see that being the solution but hey it’s worth a shot and only costs my $time

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Put the Honeywell stat in. Furnace fired up and the internal temp gauge went from 70 to 220 within a few minutes. Then it shut itself off which i guess is the upper limit switch doing it’s job.

the first floor unit has the same furnace, but the temp gauge there reads between 110-150. It rises slower and falls quicker.

has to be an airflow issue

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
More proof, as if any were needed, that cats rule and dogs drool :nod: :)
catvsdogs.jpg

Reactions: eightspokedb

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Is @Gee Wally still working or is he a man of leisure now?
:GWC:

Im kinda stuck between two worlds.
Definitely not employed but with my mom passing and trying to find housing for my disabled sister and clean out the house I’m keeping very busy.

Im fortunate in that my company finally agreed with me that the time was right and they are taking good care of me into 2022.
Theres a lot we want to do and see but Covid put that all on pause.
Hopefully by mid next year we have a widely delivered vaccine.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
There was a Blue Shark filmed in a salt marsh in Eastham today. Super rare find. Probably got caught in cape cod bay- a frequent issue with wildlife as the seasons change. Usually we have ocean sunfish, sea turtles, torpedo rays, and the occasional thresher shark wash up because they weren’t able to make it around the tip of the cape and head towards warmer waters. This Blue was apparently healthy though, and it eventually made its way back out to open ocean.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I am in need of a better air conditioner cover. My unit is built in and sits under my windows and all I can feel is the cold air on my feet.

I've tried closing the vents and maintenance has weatherproofed it but the only thing that seems to work is a blanket.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Wrap it inside and out with trash bag. Works real good.

Reactions: Alicat

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Is that the jeopardy announcer?

Sure is - He is NINETY-SIX

John L. Gilbert III (born July 13, 1924) is an American show business personality who has worked mainly on television game shows. Originally a nightclub singer and entertainer, he has hosted and announced a number of game shows from various eras, dating as far back as the 1950s. He is known primarily for his work as the announcer and audience host for the syndicated version of the quiz show Jeopardy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad