TV: PBS: The Vietnam War

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
The first one was very good, although I was a little disappointed to hear Peter Coyote doing the narration. He does so many voiceovers for 60s related stuff, it sort of makes the project feel as if I've seen it before when in fact it is much more in depth. It's as if he is the unofficial spokesman for the generation.

Last edited:

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
PBS Battlefront, the precursor to PBS Vietnam, is one of the best documentary series I've ever watched.

Both were amazing series and I highly recommend them to anyone interested in the subject matter.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Just watched episode 1, incredibly well done and looking forward to watching the rest. Given each episode is feature length it might take a while to work through!

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
PBS Battlefront and PBS Vietnam should be used in school, they're so well done and informative.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
agree with everyone else singing its praises. When it came out I would spend the entire day trying to get through work as soon as possible so I could rush home and listen to these people talk about how awful the war was, it was hypnotic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad