Pavelski washed up?

StanleyCup55

Feb 21, 2019
Minnesota
One goal so far on what looks to be a surprisingly bad Dallas team. Is his career finally on the decline or will he come around? I know he got off to a slow start last year but this is pretty bad and has me concerned. I'm considering dropping him

WickedSlapper

Sep 20, 2011
I have him as well and definitely a huge disappointment so far. However, I believe it's way too early to drop him. Some guy dropped MacKinnon in my league a couple of years ago when he had like 4 pts in his first 10 games to start the season and then took off. Pavs is no MacKinnon obviously but probably best to stay the course for a little while longer.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Until his bounce back season last year in which he scored on 20% of his shots, his stats had been declining in recent seasons

He simply wasn't a player who should've been targeted on draft day, and it's quite possible his time as a viable fantasy option is over

With only 10 shots though 7 games, I wouldn't hesitate to drop him for a more productive player

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
One goal so far on what looks to be a surprisingly bad Dallas team. Is his career finally on the decline or will he come around? I know he got off to a slow start last year but this is pretty bad and has me concerned. I'm considering dropping him

You give him too much credit, I'm afraid

Pavelski hasn't scored this season, and has but a lone assist

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Until his bounce back season last year in which he scored on 20% of his shots, his stats had been declining in recent seasons

He simply wasn't a player who should've been targeted on draft day, and it's quite possible his time as a viable fantasy option is over

With only 10 shots though 7 games, I wouldn't hesitate to drop him for a more productive player

I wish I was in your fantasy leagues. It would be easy money.

He'll be fine. That whole Dallas team has been in shambles but they've been getting some really good chances. Pavs has hit the post like 3 times (doesn't count as a shot). To the OP, if your league is not very deep, I'd go ahead and replace him, but anything over like 140 players owned league wide, I'd hold onto him until Dallas' 2 game week from the 4th-10th. If he's still not performing, it would be time to cut him loose.

WickedSlapper

Sep 20, 2011
He was dropped to the 3rd line last night and I definitely didn't like to see that. He did score with five seconds left in the game so we'll take it!

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
3rd line now

man, guy probably wishes he never left SJ but they pushed him out for the young guys and brought back Marleau and Thornton lol

oh well, Pavs will get back on the horse

whomever owns him, just be patient, now is not the time to panic

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
A bad 8 games to start the season and he is suddenly washed up even though his teammates are not doing any better?

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Really hope you listened to me and held onto him OP. He's coming alive. As I said I really wish I was in leagues with amateurs like Neutrinos; easy money.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Care to make it interesting?

I bet he doesn't hit 60 points this season

lol you're hilarious bud. ABSOLUTELY GARBAGE AT FANTASY. But hilarious.

I think he could hit 60 even at this deficit despite the fact he's on a +60pts pace since he started to get back into the swing but I wouldn't make that bet simply because he only has 8 with 65 games left. Which means he'd need 52 in 65. Which is only a 65 pt pace... BUT DO YOU KNOW WHY?!!!! We're not talking about points here, we're talking about fantasy. Pavelski is an absolute stud in multiple categories, he has fantastic category coverage. G, A, Pts, FOW as a wing eligible in most leagues, PP prowess, and little bits here and there across the way. Again, I would LOVE to be in leagues against you, because you are TERRIBLE at fantasy lol.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016

I think he could hit 60 even at this deficit despite the fact he's on a +60pts pace since he started to get back into the swing but I wouldn't make that bet simply because he only has 8 with 65 games left. Which means he'd need 52 in 65. Which is only a 65 pt pace... BUT DO YOU KNOW WHY?!!!! We're not talking about points here, we're talking about fantasy. Pavelski is an absolute stud in multiple categories, he has fantastic category coverage. G, A, Pts, FOW as a wing eligible in most leagues, PP prowess, and little bits here and there across the way. Again, I would LOVE to be in leagues against you, because you are TERRIBLE at fantasy lol.

Absolute stud? Name one category that Pavelski will finish in the top 20

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Absolute stud? Name one category that Pavelski will finish in the top 20

You're letting your noob show Neutrinos. You must be that guy who perennially loses. :laugh:

I'll give you a little lesson, rookie. Individual category coverage is meaningless in both categories and points leagues, unless for some reason in the points league one category is just completely weighted. It's far better for a player to be in the higher part of the league across multiple categories than completely dominant in one;the whole is greater than the individual. Pavelski offers top 50 coverage in PPP, PPG, PPA, G (he finished top 20 last year), Shots, Points, and FW for a wing (top 20), as well as being above average in blocks and hits for a forward. It's why players like Pavelski are held by winners, and losers drop him.

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!
He's slooowwww as a skater in a fast NHL, he makes up for some of his lack of foot speed by as he's a smart player and anticipates plays well. This will go only so far, the NHL is a fast league and he's not getting any faster. Still he's a leader and adds allot of other positive stuff to the team over all. He can be a slow season starter, i'd say .6 to .8 points a game is realistic depending on how he's used with the Stars. Given his cap hit, perhaps he's paid to much, be interested to see his production in year 2 and 3 of his contract, i expect a decline.

Burkeocet

Nov 2, 2019

You still think he’s going to hit 60?

I don’t think anyone doubting him early deserves to get roasted like you did. I think it was probably 75/25 on guys who thought he’d miss 60 points vs hit.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
You still think he’s going to hit 60?

I don’t think anyone doubting him early deserves to get roasted like you did. I think it was probably 75/25 on guys who thought he’d miss 60 points vs hit.

I don't think greasysnapper is coming back to this thread

Reactions: phillipmatchett

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Really hope you listened to me and held onto him OP. He's coming alive. As I said I really wish I was in leagues with amateurs like Neutrinos; easy money.

You're letting your noob show Neutrinos. You must be that guy who perennially loses. :laugh:

I'll give you a little lesson, rookie. Individual category coverage is meaningless in both categories and points leagues, unless for some reason in the points league one category is just completely weighted. It's far better for a player to be in the higher part of the league across multiple categories than completely dominant in one;the whole is greater than the individual. Pavelski offers top 50 coverage in PPP, PPG, PPA, G (he finished top 20 last year), Shots, Points, and FW for a wing (top 20), as well as being above average in blocks and hits for a forward. It's why players like Pavelski are held by winners, and losers drop him.

3 goals, 6 points in his last 25 games

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad