Proposal: Pavelski trade

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Sharks would probably be looking for a young roster player and a 1st for Pavelski and probably younger than Anisimov. Chances are that the asking price would be too great for most teams.

boylerroom

Jan 2, 2012
PRofKA
My gut says keep Pavs unless an insane offer comes.

However, my one fear with Pavs is that his high goal totals are a result of being on Jumbo's wing. If he dries up and we pass on moving him that would suck. His value has NEVER been higher. We could ask and expect to receive a huge return for a player like Joe Pavelski.

I'm also worried that at age 30, he's slightly too old to be part of a rebuild. If it's 5+ years until SJ contends again then suddenly his window is gone.

It's tempting. But either way you don't move a player like that unless the return is substantial.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
As I said on the main boards, Pavelski doesn't get moved for parts. If he could fetch a player like Johansen or Murray I'd obviously move him. But parts like Anisimov don't really interest me. And there's no combo of future picks worth Pavelski.

Assuming Johansen and Murray are off the table, which they ought to be, then Wennberg, Jenner, Atkinson, and 2015 1st would interest me. At least one of Wennberg or Jenner would have to be involved, with a considerable plus on your end.

Le Rosbeef

Jul 27, 2007
Why does Pavelski's name keep coming up? Wilson has specifically mentioned him over and again when referring to handing the team over to younger players. I know he's no spring chicken but he's hardly past it either...

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Anisimov is not even a 50 point player and you're going to consider him any kind of value in a trade for an 80 point player?

Why does Pavelski's name keep coming up? Wilson has specifically mentioned him over and again when referring to handing the team over to younger players. I know he's no spring chicken but he's hardly past it either...

Because he's really the smartest trade right now. Has the most value he will probably ever have, and is actually movable.

Hatrick Marleau

Just Win The Game
May 16, 2012
As I said on the main boards, Pavelski doesn't get moved for parts. If he could fetch a player like Johansen or Murray I'd obviously move him. But parts like Anisimov don't really interest me. And there's no combo of future picks worth Pavelski.

Assuming Johansen and Murray are off the table, which they ought to be, then Wennberg, Jenner, Atkinson, and 2015 1st would interest me. At least one of Wennberg or Jenner would have to be involved, with a considerable plus on your end.

I agree with this.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Murray+ or Jenner++. Or Johansen's rights. :naughty:

I doubt our asking price will work for Columbus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad