OT: Pavelec's Sweet New Mask

Steenager

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
The second one appears to be a Typhoon or Tempest, or more likely a Curtis P40, which is at least in keeping with planes used by the RCAF, but point taken. Artistic liberty: I'm ok with it. :nod:

Nice mask- let's hope it's good for a +0.01 SV% increase. ;)

Yeah, it's a P-40 Kittyhawk. Used by the RCAF before there were enough Spitfires to go around.

The mask is beautiful, but I had the same complaint about Montoya's mask. Using prop planes to represent the Jets is like using oak leaves to represent the Maple Leafs.

I'd love to see some Voodoos, Starfighters or Freedom Fighters on a mask one of these days. Even Avro Arrows a la Bob Essensa would be sweet.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Yeah, it's a P-40 Kittyhawk. Used by the RCAF before there were enough Spitfires to go around.

The mask is beautiful, but I had the same complaint about Montoya's mask. Using prop planes to represent the Jets is like using oak leaves to represent the Maple Leafs.

I'd love to see some Voodoos, Starfighters or Freedom Fighters on a mask one of these days. Even Avro Arrows a la Bob Essensa would be sweet.

The Starfighter and Freedom Fighter are cool looking jets.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
The Ice Caps play in Newfoundland guys :D

'edit'

I shared it on the main board Sweech. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Good job man, I'm fairly insular on these boards.

I'll sometimes chime in on the prospect board or even the *cross myself* trade rumours board, but other than that I don't venture out of my hollow.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
So would you go out and get a new mask if there was a chance you were getting bought out?

Fueled by being stagnant..:sarcasm:

It is a nice mask though.

Last edited:

White Out 403*

I'm sure in his mind Pavelec is one of the 10 best in the league.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
The Ice Caps play in Newfoundland guys :D

'edit'

I shared it on the main board Sweech. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Oh hell naw. You guys are taking our team away, you are not giving us Pavelic as well :laugh:. Actually I'm fairly sure Danny negotiated that.

"You can take the team to Thunder Bay, but do you dare send us Ondrej Pavelic"

Zippity

Feb 3, 2013
File:Ray_Flying_Legends_2005-1.jpg
Someone needs to inform the artist that the team is called the JETS not Winnipeg Props.
Both planes on each side are prop planes not jets

Voodoos, f18, f5, or even a snowbird.

It appears to be a spitfire and a p40

Last edited by a moderator:

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
Someone needs to inform the artist that the team is called the JETS not Winnipeg Props.

Didn't realize there's a strict code of conduct when it comes to these things. Someone notify Peter Budaj's artist that he plays for the Canadiens not the Montreal NedFlanders. :laugh:

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER

Yeah that's totally important.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I love the new mask.

Now, is there a rule on how high and wide a mask can be? If his neck was strong enough, could it be like 4x6? ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad